Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: hunting 5 lp50

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Watch everyone forget their past positions on this
    I know what mine was. I saw them as semi auto and therefore illegal. I still consider semi auto illegal, but semi indexing now appears legal. From the conversation i've had it was that perhaps because the pellet wasn't loaded into the barrel that seperated it from being self loading. This is the same mechanism as deployed at least one fully automatic caseless rifle i've had intimate working knowledge of some time ago, but I guess as it's not readily available that isn't going to cause any headaches.

It's a win win all around.

Steyr uk

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    Post 8.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
    Good news for UK lp50 owners:
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!
    Today Monday 26th June 2017 we have officially been informed that the Steyr LP50 is indeed self indexing and not self loading as defined by section 57(2A) of the Firearms Act 1968. Therefore does not fall within any category of Section 5 or Section 1.
    As the Steyr Hunting 5 Auto is the same mechanism and sub 12 foot pounds muzzle energy this also does not fall in the Section 5 category of self loading.
    As a consequence we have ordered some Hunting 5 Autos . Will be on the website shortly for pre-order with deposit
    I am amazed at " blistering " speed by which such momentous decision about something that is only a simple indexing mechanism has been reached. All those involved should really be proud of themselves.

A.G

Now lets discuss the Drulov pistols so beloved of disabled shooters that load directly into the breech
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Now lets discuss the Drulov pistols so beloved of disabled shooters that load directly into the breech
    Lets not Richard.

H5SA and LP50

As an owner of both I've a vested interest in this .
    Mind you with all the hype,threats and warnings months and months ago , I moved mine to my uncles house in Germany early last year.
    But I will be bringing both back shortly, just on what Harry says and BAR selling them, probably will bring back another H5SA with me, as even now they are still a little cheaper abroad.
    The deals aren't as good as before `Brexit , but they are still there,but I'm only doing it while I'm there ,as I won't have to pay postage to get it it to the UK.

From Holland they are just under £1800 delivered to your door (no VCR act) including the quick fill port which in the past has been an extra on UK spec rifles; we wait to see the spec from BAR and others.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    From Holland they are just under £1800 delivered to your door (no VCR act) including the quick fill port which in the past has been an extra on UK spec rifles; we wait to see the spec from BAR and others.
    £1999 from a shop I use. They are dearer up here due to transport costs from what a few shops have said when queried about the difference compared to shops down south.
    http://m.airgundealerscotland.co.uk/Latest-news.html

Selling in `Kent now

Got a phone call while at work , a shop in Kent is going to start selling them as well.

WOW that was close i was just about to order a pulsar next week
    Now i can have my dream Air rifle hunting 5 self indexing sub 12 .177
    Grumps is happy and that does not happen very often at all !!!! bye bye tax rebate

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Grumps is happy and that does not happen very often at all !!!! bye bye tax rebate
    Brilliant
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post

I feel a name change coming on.......
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Not being miserable of anything - but I think I'd prefer the biathlon-cocking H5 Scout, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I feel a name change coming on.......
    "Self indexed Mr happy"?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.