Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: hunting 5 lp50

Time and technology moves on, you can either take a luddites mentality or embrace and control the new technology for the many benefits it brings.

I'm sure when multi shot air rifles became available that this sort of passionate decisive debate didn't take place, they just became available. But in recent decades the MSM (and therefore the public's) attitude to guns and even hunting has brainwashed people to having very negative connotations about anyone involved in these sporting activities. So much so that we are very self conscious as regards perceived threats to our sport, and although I respect some of the opinions of members of the airgun community to be pessimistic about this step forwards, I would remind them that this same attitude decades earlier would have prevented us even having multi shot air rifle today.

What to buy steyr 110 hunter or the steyr hunter 5 auto

What to buy steyr 110 hunter or the steyr hunter 5 auto

anyone had both

Only the very early models that came in to the UK had AUTOMATIC on the side. Steyr soon dropped the word and instead re-badged the rifle with an A suffix.

That didn't have to mean automatic or semi or anything else. Others may remember Daystate had various versions of the Mark 3, model A, model B and so on.

Why did Steyr Austria do this? Was it only the UK market whose trades descriptions laws might have been breached? If they did it for "our" benefit it shows they had the UK in mind as a potential market.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I will happily eat my words if it becomes clear after a statement from the HO stating that they have no issues with SA air rifles, but how many of the snyde remark makers and those whose hard earned cash has just evaporated when the legislative process catches up appear to have become the jackass afterall.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    NO they don't, self loading & semi automatic amount to the same thing, where the round/projectile is transferred from a magazine in to the breach,

Self indexing is something else, more akin to a double action revolver where the round/projectile remains in the rotating magazine.

Semantics matter a great deal when it comes to the law.
    I suppose the magazine is the breech as it is designed to hold the round while it is being fired, when the bullet/pellet leaves the magazine/breech, it enters the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    I will happily eat my words if it becomes clear after a statement from the HO stating that they have no issues with SA air rifles, but how many of the snyde remark makers and those whose hard earned cash has just evaporated when the legislative process catches up appear to have become the jackass afterall.
    Until then - in a game of pin the tail on the jackass, you should invest in a pair of stout underpants

I think one can safely purchase a Steyr LP5/50 pistol now.
    If NABIS say it's self indexing -end of argument.

Before making a statement for Mr Edge the Home Office would first need to be convinced that SA Airguns are an important issue.
    Which in the real non BBS world they are not.
    Last edited by gingernut; 03-07-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I think one can safely purchase a Steyr LP5/50 pistol now.
    If NABIS say it's self indexing -end of argument.

The Home Office would first need to be convinced that SA Airguns are an important issue.
    Which in the real non BBS world they are not.
    But as you say - the Home Office Firearms Experts (NABIS) don't class the LP5/50 as Semi-Automatic - so any arguments about SA being legal / illegal or on the brink of becoming illegal don't apply to the the LP5/50 and very probably not the Hunting 5 A either.

Great news!!

Talking Steyr scout auto .20

well I looked at all the input on the thread and I must say that rob edge makes me chuckle
    now here is the plus side for the steyr auto I went out on my permission at 6am and i went to an area where
    there is always lots of coneys got within 30yds and I took out 3 in the time it would of taken me to cycle the bolt on my mfr
    I would certainly say buy one even if you have to re mortgage the house to pay for the lead

Imagine how many other interesting rifles we could/ could have had with clarity that the prohibition on semi automatic forearms was not intended to cover low powered airguns. Fancy an FX revolution or the original Skan, which legend has it was originally designed as a semi auto.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    well I looked at all the input on the thread and I must say that rob edge makes me chuckle
    now here is the plus side for the steyr auto I went out on my permission at 6am and i went to an area where
    there is always lots of coneys got within 30yds and I took out 3 in the time it would of taken me to cycle the bolt on my mfr
    I would certainly say buy one even if you have to re mortgage the house to pay for the lead
    Hang on there... They do them in .20

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    Until then - in a game of pin the tail on the jackass, you should invest in a pair of stout underpants
    Why? I am not the one who has bought a Steyr. Personal jibes and insults don't get the point across and neither does a straight insult without any contribution to the discussion. Differing opinions should never lead to insulting comment. As I said earlier I hope this works out for those invested in the Steyr but I remain a sceptic.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Steyr scout auto .20

in answer to your question/no steyr do not sell the scout auto in .20 but I had a spare steyr .20 barrel for my steyr 110 hunting and I had the breach end altered to fit the scout.

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    Hang on there... They do them in .20
    no longer checked with harry p
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

spoke to steyr uk today they have a lot of si hunting 5's on the way
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200