Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
I've had a chance to fire a few more shots with the rebuilt Tornado. By now it's fired about 100 shots since being appart. Initially it was rather noisy with a definite spring twang but after following up the suggestion of using a bit more grease it quitened down & seems to be continuing to do so with use. Either that or I'm just getting used to it with time. It's still a bit hard to cock, & that's why I haven't been getting through so many pellets with it. Too much effort = too much shaking on aim when I'm trying to watch how the group size might change as it all settles down. I've also had a look to see if the fibre washer in the slot in the cocking lever was there & functioning. Well it's definitely there, stopping metal on metal but how effective it is I can't be sure. Might make a substitute one up in time but at the moment I'll leave it alone.
Just using Hobby pellets at the moment, seating them as well to avoid deformation & the grouping seems to be closing up to about an inch at 15 yds. Quite pleased with this as most of the pellets are within about 3/4 inch but the odd 3 or 4 high, low, left or right make one inch a bit more realistic.
Hope to try it over the next couple of days but I think I might have reached the point where its about as good as its going to be, but I'll see
Maybe worth trying an Airsporter spring cut down to make it easier to cock and shoot.