Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pump which 1 for s400 ??

pump which 1 for s400 ??

alright lads,so ive just bought a air arms s400 classic,the shop i bought it from had 2 pumps one for 129£ and one for 189£,ive looked on fleabay and theres some for 55£.after watching demonstration how to use pump for s400 on youtube,the pumps on look to have different fitting to the one on youtube,so which pump should i buy please ???.ive been a springer man for years so no idea about pcp guns.if somone can put item number off for pump i need that would be a big help.cheers lads

You will need to buy the right adaptor for your rifle plus the pump.
    As to what pump is better ? I can't say as I don't own a pcp. But I would not expect a £55 one to last long unless it's a used top of the range one .

You will find the adaptor in here http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopdi...3&cat=Air+Arms

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    None buy a bottle.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    None buy a bottle.
    Exactly, if you're looking at £189 pumps you can afford a 300 bar 7 litre bottle and save yourself the hassle of pumping, keeping the air dry,, replacing seals etc etc. Got a 400 and a 7 litre bottle, lasts for ages, £4.50 refill, no brainer really.

Quote Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
    Exactly, if you're looking at £189 pumps you can afford a 300 bar 7 litre bottle and save yourself the hassle of pumping, keeping the air dry,, replacing seals etc etc. Got a 400 and a 7 litre bottle, lasts for ages, £4.50 refill, no brainer really.
    And the people that don't drive or have a bottle filling place in walking distance?

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    And the people that don't drive or have a bottle filling place in walking distance?
    Buy a springer.
    Master Debater

Buy a springer.
    Av got 2 springers ha,thing about using divers bottle is i dont drive so wont ne able get it refilled ect ect to much clart on that rather use a pump.

Buy a springer.
    Or a pump and get fit at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Or a pump and get fit at the same time
    And put lots of rusty water into your gun.
    Master Debater

divers bottle deffo out question lads,no transport and shop is 4 miles away,going to have to be the pump,im new to pcp so just after advice what pump to buy ect ect

Your rifle should have come with the correct fill adaptor ... most likely the T bar push and twist one? This adaptor should fasten (screw) directly onto the hose on the pump. If not, then you will need the correct extra gizmo to enable it to do so.

Cheers, Phil

And put lots of rusty water into your gun.
    Do drypacs work? Genuine question.

Is this allowed?? ... just noticed a pump for sale in the 'for sale' section.

Note: I have no connection with this sale offer.
    Cheers, Phil

yea av just jumped on that pump,so thats that sorted

I've used an FX stage 4 pump on my S400 and S410 for about 3 years now. The 400 gets pumped up almost every weekend and never had a problem. No rust inside the cylinder and no problems with the seals. I only change seals because it's cheap enough to do every few years just in case. Will take the 410 apart soon but I expect it will be the same.

Depending on how tall you are, try to get up on your tip toes and lock your arms out as much as possible, then 'fall' down on top and let your weight do the work. Or just use your arms and get a tricep workout. I tend to do 10 pumps then let it sit for a minute to cool down. Doesn't take too long really.