Thread: I am officially an idiot

I am officially an idiot

So, having specifically gone to Binners Kempton park extravaganza to have a look at VZ's, and coming away with quite a nice VZ47 along with other things, what do I find when I go to put it away today?

Another VZ47 in the chest. Even the same markings and quite close in serial number

What makes this particularly stupid is apart from a few mil trainers I don't collect air rifles. Air pistols, yes, I have to look at a list, but there is really no excuse for this. I only have about 4 to remember.

Oh well. My wife doesn't know which is the main thing.

Still after a VZ35 BTW...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    So, having specifically gone to Binners Kempton park extravaganza to have a look at VZ's, and coming away with quite a nice VZ47 along with other things, what do I find when I go to put it away today?

Another VZ47 in the chest. Even the same markings and quite close in serial number

What makes this particularly stupid is apart from a few mil trainers I don't collect air rifles. Air pistols, yes, I have to look at a list, but there is really no excuse for this. I only have about 4 to remember.

If it makes you feel any better, this sort of happened to me a couple of years ago (not quite, I didn't actually go as far as buying a rifle I already had - but had forgotten about ) when I was looking through my rifles and came across a 1920s BSA Standard and couldn't remember for the life of me when I'd bought it, or why. It was like looking at a completely new-to-me rifle! Up to that point, I knew every airgun I owned intimately, where I got it, from who, how much I paid, where it fitted in the collection etc. I think that was the moment I realised I wasn't to be trusted - with memories at least.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    You are not alone.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Looking through some pics the other day in my album of guns I'd owned - honestly have no recollection of owning some of them, but there they are, clearly laid out in my house...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I showed a mate my BSA light that I bought a many years ago.

Told him how well it shot all present and correct etc.

When I came to put it away I realised it was another one I had bought from Binners only last year.

I do it all the time, it's our age! I've got five Rapids now and I swear to the wife I didn't know I already had one!

I've done this with more than one book before!

John

I keep doing this with DVDs mind you I have a lot more of them than guns. But I still have at least three copies of Little shop of Horrors
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Thumbs up

I'm afraid I had to google VZ47 (And VZ35), They're rather nice guns!!

I've a few guns that I have more than one of, Around 8 HW35's, 14 or 15 Airsporters, 4 or so Original 50's, At least I can can remember that I already have some already though!!

Can't remember much of anything else tho'

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I do it with bottles of Tomato Ketchup all the time. Go out and buy a bottle, as I think I dont have any. Go to put it away, and there is two bottles in the cupboard already,

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Well that makes me feel a lot better, nice to know l am not on my own. l aways write down what guns l have bought, where from and what year, plus the price l paid. but l have a Anson Ansonia.
    l know who l bought it off a few years ago, but when l came to see how much l had paid for it the other day l found l had not put it in. and l can't quite remember how much l paid doh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post

Jerry , its called being in a state of Bliss and nothing to worry about