Thread: Whats a good .410 load using 2.5" Eley Fourlong Cases ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Whats a good .410 load using 2.5" Eley Fourlong Cases ?

My son has got a little .410 and so when I'm up and running again and funds allow - I'm going to take him for a bit of coaching, so he doesn't end up a terrible shotgun shot like his dad.

I have never grown out of sneaking up quietly, getting as close as possible, waiting til the rabbit or pheasant stops moving or lands - just in case you waste a cartridge. Then aiming and shooting - Bsa Meteor style.

No doubt he will be burning up some expensive 410 ammo, so was hoping to do some loading both for clays and meat hunting. Using perhaps size 7 shot ?

So whats a good .410 load using 2.5" Eley Fourlong Cases ? The hand loading kit is a Mrc (not MEC) and I also have a drill mounted rto head.

If possible could you let me know the primer and wad type you are using as well. I have a variety of fibre wads in four different sizes and .410 G-Nana wads from clay and game - but these came thrown in with the kit and may not be suitable. I have been saving Eley .410 empties for years and have a good few hundred to start off with - then I will get some 3" ones.

Cheers
    Last edited by silva; 27-06-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."