Thread: bottle pressure

bottle pressure

just got a dive bottle, what pressure in BAR do you pit in a bsa superten bottle. in .22 not fac? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by craig-g View Post
    just got a dive bottle, what pressure in BAR do you pit in a bsa superten bottle. in .22 not fac? thanks.
    The Standard BSA 200cc Luxfer bottles are rated at 232Bar safe working pressure, there are some rifles that have had 400cc bottles fitted which are marked 200Bar. There is a set of stamped marks around the bottle shoulder area telling you SWP (CP on many bottles) 232Bar. TP 348Bar (test pressure for hydraulic testing) is not to be confused with SWP, WP or CP!
    If you have a steel bottle (try sticking a magnet to it) these are no longer considered safe by the original manufacturer (SodaStream) and should be scrapped.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

I've had modern BSA PCPs and a couple of Supertens - I may just be over cautious but, I never liked filling any of them to the max.

I put 200 - 220 in the modern ones and, the Supertens (with flat end bottles) 190bar.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I've had modern BSA PCPs and a couple of Supertens - I may just be over cautious but, I never liked filling any of them to the max.

I put 200 - 220 in the modern ones and, the Supertens (with flat end bottles) 190bar.
    They are all the same bottles, flat bottomed aluminium made by Luxfer, all rated at 232Bar working pressure, if your gun isn't happy with a 232Bar fill then the regulator isn't working properly but that's another story, don't get me started about R10 regs....
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!