Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to do it again?

Anyone want to do it again?

STOP PRESS....

Not cut in stone yet, but over the next day or two we are hoping to confirm the date of the next KEMPTON PARK FAIR.

It is looking like SUNDAY OCTOBER 15TH. We were hoping for December, but due to the popularity of the venue, all Sunday's are booked throughout November and December. Unfortunately, this only gives you three and a half months to save up, or sort out your debris.

Watch this space for definite date. NOW CONFIRMED
    Last edited by Binners; 28-06-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Can't make it myself, in Scotland. Hope it's as successful as the last one.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

The only time I fancy doing it twice is before I've done it once.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

This date would coincide with our Airgun Fair event of Sat 13th Oct in Adlington near Chorley, Lancs. This, Im sure, would be no problem as one event would be in the north and one in the south. What a great weekend for the airgun collector.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Woo hoo !

Definitely.

Especially if there was advance notice of table costs for non-dealer private collectors looking to offload bits of their collection/bits box. I could think of doing that.

But still definitely, whatever. Go for it!

I was struck my the mix of antique gun guys, Airgun guys, and militaria/de-act people. I am not really into the last, and the first is a bit pricey, but I suspect a regular event might get more of the militaria folk (who, by the way, was the chap on Sunday dressed in slightly ill-fitting full WW2 US Army uniform?). Even if I wouldn't be that interested in buying a set of 44 pattern webbing, a welded-up Tommy gun, or a gas mask, that might help bulk it up as a financial proposition.

I would definitely attend again :-)

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Aye up Pete, a bit too close together for me i'm afraid, personally would have thought with all the effort it took, one per year would have been enough for you, with Melbourne doing a couple each year I also wondered if it may be asking a bit too much to ask of the punters. Though there seems to be some collectors who have unlimited resources to fund their hobby, i'm afraid don't fall into that category unfortunately.
    This is just my thoughts on it, if you do go ahead the best of luck and wish you all the success with it.

When I introduced myself to you at Kempton and spoke to you the first time, you did look a little bit shattered pal, but if you are up to it and there is a big enough response why not.

Cheers

Mel

Chippendale
    Last edited by Chippendale; 28-06-2017 at 06:40 AM.

I think I could have sold another car full last Sunday Pete and that would have reduced my collection to just silly.
    I also didn't look at all the stalls.
    So I say yes.

A later date puts us into Winter and next June is a long way away.
    Last edited by gingernut; 28-06-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Sounds good to me at this time Pete.
    Slight possibility it could conflict with other shooting pursuits "up north" in October but nothings cast in stone as yet.

I say go for it, we might get "a car full" next year !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Aye up Pete, a bit too close together for me i'm afraid, personally would have thought with all the effort it took, one per year would have been enough for you, with Melbourne doing a couple each year I also wondered if it may be asking a bit too much to ask of the punters. Though there seems to be some collectors who have unlimited resources to fund their hobby, i'm afraid don't fall into that category unfortunately.
    This is just my thoughts on it, if you do go ahead the best of luck and wish you all the success with it.

When I introduced myself to you at Kempton and spoke to you the first time, you did look a little bit shattered pal, but if you are up to it and there is a big enough response why not.

Cheers

Mel

Chippendale

Good to meet you too Mel and we were a little shattered, I had to make a quick decision and the choice was Oct or next spring, so I spoke to 3 stall holders from Sunday and within 2 hours, 30 tables were booked and this is before anything was posted on line

Still waiting for confirmation in writing on the hall, but verbally booked by phone this morning.

Hello Pete

Word of the tremendous success last Sundays' show was will surely spread and would only swell the attendance at any future occasion.

I'm not sure if there will be a fair at the Bisley Trafalgar meeting in October, but I would definitely go to Kempton in any event.

Regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Sounds good to me at this time Pete.
    Slight possibility it could conflict with other shooting pursuits "up north" in October but nothings cast in stone as yet.

I say go for it, we might get "a car full" next year !

Had a quick check for clashes and there is another Fair in Leeds that day, I believe there was a Fair near Liverpool last Sunday. The distance is big enough, I think.

I really wanted Dec 3rd, but was forced to take October or nothing

Hi Binners
    I would say a yes & have a table again when are you looking for a firm commitment?
    Regards
    James

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I'm gutted I missed the last one, but I'm free that weekend! I'll have a look and see if there's a reasonable hotel nearby.
    God rest ye jelly mental men