Thread: Anyone want to do it again?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone want to do it again?

STOP PRESS....

Not cut in stone yet, but over the next day or two we are hoping to confirm the date of the next KEMPTON PARK FAIR.

It is looking like SUNDAY OCTOBER 15TH. We were hoping for December, but due to the popularity of the venue, all Sunday's are booked throughout November and December. Unfortunately, this only gives you three and a half months to save up, or sort out your debris.

Watch this space for definite date. NOW CONFIRMED
    Last edited by Binners; 28-06-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Can't make it myself, in Scotland. Hope it's as successful as the last one.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

The only time I fancy doing it twice is before I've done it once.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

This date would coincide with our Airgun Fair event of Sat 13th Oct in Adlington near Chorley, Lancs. This, Im sure, would be no problem as one event would be in the north and one in the south. What a great weekend for the airgun collector.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Woo hoo !

Definitely.

Especially if there was advance notice of table costs for non-dealer private collectors looking to offload bits of their collection/bits box. I could think of doing that.

But still definitely, whatever. Go for it!

I was struck my the mix of antique gun guys, Airgun guys, and militaria/de-act people. I am not really into the last, and the first is a bit pricey, but I suspect a regular event might get more of the militaria folk (who, by the way, was the chap on Sunday dressed in slightly ill-fitting full WW2 US Army uniform?). Even if I wouldn't be that interested in buying a set of 44 pattern webbing, a welded-up Tommy gun, or a gas mask, that might help bulk it up as a financial proposition.

I would definitely attend again :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    STOP PRESS....

Not cut in stone yet, but over the next day or two we are hoping to confirm the date of the next KEMPTON PARK FAIR.

It is looking like SUNDAY OCTOBER 15TH. We were hoping for December, but due to the popularity of the venue, all Sunday's are booked throughout November and December. Unfortunately, this only gives you three and a half months to save up, or sort out your debris.

Watch this space for definite date. NOW CONFIRMED
    Hello Pete,

Great news that we can look forward to another show in October and thanks so much for your willingness to organise this fantastic event.

Reading the associated posts, it would seem there were lots of BBS members who attended, but were't aware of each others presence.

I just wondered if it might be possible to arrange a BBS meeting point (table ?) where members could go with a view to putting faces to names and possibly sell or exchange the odd item. I would certainly be happy to help man such a stand and possibly provide some stickers for members to write their user names on and thus provide at least some means of identification.

Regards

Brian

Christmas has come early. Can't wait for the 15th October.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello Pete,

Great news that we can look forward to another show in October and thanks so much for your willingness to organise this fantastic event.

Reading the associated posts, it would seem there were lots of BBS members who attended, but were't aware of each others presence.

I just wondered if it might be possible to arrange a BBS meeting point (table ?) where members could go with a view to putting faces to names and possibly sell or exchange the odd item. I would certainly be happy to help man such a stand and possibly provide some stickers for members to write their user names on and thus provide at least some means of identification.

Regards

Brian

This name badge thing has had a few mentions, some like the idea, some dont, feel free to run with it Brian. Not sure on the meeting table at the moment, as I think the space will be tighter this time, but nearer the time I am sure a meeting point can be sorted.

Perhaps we'll see what can be done nearer the time if there is sufficient interest.

The main thing is we will have something to look forward to before too long.

Regards
    Brian

I would like to attend a second event.

I wonder if a range could be set up; perhaps that would be a step too far in terms of logistics, manning, etc, but worth considering, as we discussed on Sunday.

Kind regards
    A

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    This name badge thing has had a few mentions, some like the idea, some dont, feel free to run with it Brian. Not sure on the meeting table at the moment, as I think the space will be tighter this time, but nearer the time I am sure a meeting point can be sorted.

I had also thought about the "Meeting Point" idea with name badges being a bit ponderous to sort and not everyones cup of tea although they have worked out well at the past Spring Bashes up at Mick's place !

Don't meeting points usually go by the name of "a Bar" ??
    Not that it does me much good being the event day's Driver !
    But with that particular thought in mind Pete, your idea of coming down the day before "with a thirst", certainly has some merit !
    “An airgun or two”………

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Lookin forward to it already,count me in!!

Looks like we will need two tables again. Guy who owned Certus wants to bring another 20 items.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD