Thread: Hi all

Hi all

I'm new to here, but not new to shooting.

I must admit, it was long time ago when I did it last time

I have always used spring loaded air rifles before and I can see big differences now with PCP rifles.

I'm now thinking is it worth to buy second hand PCP or better to start with new gas ram to keep the starting cost lower?

What is your experience with buying second hand PCP?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by madein View Post
    I'm new to here, but not new to shooting.

I must admit, it was long time ago when I did it last time

I have always used spring loaded air rifles before and I can see big differences now with PCP rifles.

I'm now thinking is it worth to buy second hand PCP or better to start with new gas ram to keep the starting cost lower?

What is your experience with buying second hand PCP?
    A warm Welcome to the BBS madein. I see you've already got stuck in here - do carry on, just thought I'd say hello.

Paul
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Welcome to the BBS.

You'll find that a gas ram air rifle is similar to the spring piston guns you've always used, while a PCP is quite a different prospect.

As you're planning to visit a club, all will become clear. Or much clearer at least.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    A warm Welcome to the BBS madein. I see you've already got stuck in here - do carry on, just thought I'd say hello.

Paul
    Thank you, I will see how addicted I will become

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Welcome to the BBS.

You'll find that a gas ram air rifle is similar to the spring piston guns you've always used, while a PCP is quite a different prospect.

As you're planning to visit a club, all will become clear. Or much clearer at least.
    Yes, it is more likely about to keep the starting cost lower atm, so I will probably try to find used one.