Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA R10 SE Super Carbine

BSA R10 SE Super Carbine

Looking for opinions on this as may get one as my first bottle gun.

Luciano

Still have problems with the reg , not every gun

Mate had one ok a first then the reg went tits up

You could send it of to airtech for reg and tune

r10s are fantastic rifles.. i think the other main rifles that are as good are the AirArms, hw100s (unless the r10 has being tuned up, then the r10 stands above)
    just my opinion though..

I have a MK2 ratworks tuned R10 .22 short shrouded barrel and that one is fantastic .
    I have had another two in the last few years including R10 SE but sold them . MY Two HW100k and HW110 are far better apart from the shot count on the HW100k ,the HW110 is on par with BSA R10 at 120 shots .

We are all different in our liking of guns ,just go and try one and see if it fits

Run it until the reg plays up and then drop a huma reg straight in. Great rifles.
    Steyr 110 FT Connect + Bushnell Elite 8-32x40

Quote Originally Posted by Gar73 View Post
    Run it until the reg plays up and then drop a huma reg straight in. Great rifles.
    What he said. Try and get one second hand - absolutely love mine.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark410 View Post
    What he said. Try and get one second hand - absolutely love mine.

Mark.
    Are the regs that bad?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    I have a MK2 ratworks tuned R10 .22 short shrouded barrel and that one is fantastic .
    I have had another two in the last few years including R10 SE but sold them . MY Two HW100k and HW110 are far better apart from the shot count on the HW100k ,the HW110 is on par with BSA R10 at 120 shots .

We are all different in our liking of guns ,just go and try one and see if it fits
    I have a HW100KT .177, regal regged by airtech and a xtx BSA Ultra SE but never fancied a bottle gun until I saw that but I know what you mean everyone is different and you are right by saying try one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Are the regs that bad?
    Mine was fine, but the huma is diy friendly and cheap and easy to service. But a nice 2nd hand one, even a newer SE version 2nd hand that leaves cash for a huma you could buy and keep at home if required.
    Steyr 110 FT Connect + Bushnell Elite 8-32x40

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Are the regs that bad?
    Bought mine second hand and shots were erratic until bottle pressure dropped under 200 bar. Got a diy fit HUMA from xtx and all good so far. I have a HW100k and although it's a brilliant gun I prefer the handing of the BSA but everyone likes different things so try and pick one up before spending your hard earned.

Mark.

Cheers lads for the advice.

This topic looks interesting, i was nearly going to get one then changed my mind and now I'm contemplating again.

I read somewhere that performance is more consistent when charged to 225 bar or thereabouts, instead of the stated 232 bar. I'm uneducated guessing that this would lower the shot count a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    This topic looks interesting, i was nearly going to get one then changed my mind and now I'm contemplating again.

I read somewhere that performance is more consistent when charged to 225 bar or thereabouts, instead of the stated 232 bar. I'm uneducated guessing that this would lower the shot count a tad.
    With regged gun it should have no sweet spot , although when i fill any regged gun i normally fire about five shots off after a fill ,just to get the reg working

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    With regged gun it should have no sweet spot , although when i fill any regged gun i normally fire about five shots off after a fill ,just to get the reg working
    So after filling they need a few shots to set the reg I didn't know that and had assumed they were set from the off.

Does the reg need tuning as per above it does not appear to work so good?
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 29-06-2017 at 02:36 PM.