Thread: Steve Pope

Steve Pope

Just sent an email to Steve Pope requesting the possibility of doing a small job for me. Had a reply saying that due to personal circumstances his workshop will only be open two to three days a week for the forseeable future. Does not sound too good. Be a shame if we lost one of the very best airgun engineers.
    Anybody have any further information ?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    The man works like a Trojan maybe he just needs some time for himself.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post

Kindest regards

Barrel
    What.., he invades computers regularly leaving there security in tatters for malicious software to come along and steal valuable information?! yikes!! Maybe he's been crippled by Norton AntiVirus or something..
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    Why don't we just stop assuming and guessing and let's all hope that Steve's circumstances change very soon and that he gets back to doing what he does best.
    Harry.

We can only guess at this stage and Steve will have his reasons.
    Like Barrel says, he works himself too bloody hard anyway trying to keep up with demand and trying his utmost to meet deadlines and keep people happy. And he could really do with some helpers down there to take up some of the strain, but I believe it to be the case that he has found it hard to get people to work there whilst maintaining his ultra high standards.

Maybe he just needs to take it a little easier for a while. Maybe there are other reasons. Whatever, it's for Steve to know and to share if he feels he needs to.

Hope all is well there.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    What.., he invades computers regularly leaving there security in tatters for malicious software to come along and steal valuable information?! yikes!! Maybe he's been crippled by Norton AntiVirus or something..
    Very good.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post

Kindest regards

Barrel
    That's always been my impression of Steve,a highly competent perfectionist,and a genuinely nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    That's always been my impression of Steve,a highly competent perfectionist,and a genuinely nice guy.
    Completely agree, the work he did for me was superb, turned around super-quick, very reasonably priced & he was a pleasure to deal with.

Steve has been ill and it is going to take him some time to get fully over it but he is getting there, he is doing some work but not as much as before for the time being.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Very sorry to hear that. If anyone speaks to or sees Steve, please give him my very best wishes and hope he is fighting fit soon.

V-Mach and Steve = simply the best.

Get well at your own pace Steve. The business has to come second to your health. Steve always seemed able to capture that exciting, special 1980's Venom feeling. Enjoy a well earned break Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    Steve has been ill and it is going to take him some time to get fully over it but he is getting there, he is doing some work but not as much as before for the time being.
    So sorry to hear this, but glad that our Steve is getting better.

Take it steady, Steve. As much as we love your work, your goodies and the fact that the V-Mach / Venom dynasty is still right at the very top after all these years, your health and happiness will always be far more important.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So sorry to hear this, but glad that our Steve is getting better.

Take it steady, Steve. As much as we love your work, your goodies and the fact that the V-Mach / Venom dynasty is still right at the very top after all these years, your health and happiness will always be far more important.
    l totally agree with the above. ATB for the future Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Likewise
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177