Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Photobucket pulls the plug!

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    All the images here display ok (PB). Right click save as is ok too.

I use Google Chrome and Photoshop (latest edition).

http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...ireball+pistol
    I have found with my laptop (Windows 10) I have to carry out the "right click and view" action twice. First with the Gallery image, and then with the resultant PB image. When I have done this the final image on the screen can be right clicked and saved in the usual way, and it can then be opened or uploaded into Cheverto as required.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I have found with my laptop (Windows 10) I have to carry out the "right click and view" action twice. First with the Gallery image, and then with the resultant PB image. When I have done this the final image on the screen can be right clicked and saved in the usual way, and it can then be opened or uploaded into Cheverto as required.
    I'm still on Windows 7. Too much legacy hardware to upgrade.

For Chrome and FireFox users there are now browser add ons that can revive the dead links. Handy for those old pages where the image won't ever be relocated or linked.

I'm using FF and the add on linked below seems to work.
    -Google Chrome

-For Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    For Chrome and FireFox users there are now browser add ons that can revive the dead links. Handy for those old pages where the image won't ever be relocated or linked.

I'm using FF and the add on linked below seems to work.
    -Google Chrome

-For Firefox
    Thanks, Nick. Useful for now. Presumably Photobucket will plug this loophole at some point?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Whats an alternative, I knew something was amiss to alot of links through the interwebs i keep seeing an empty photo bucket. moving on £400.00 is bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-finger View Post
    Whats an alternative, I knew something was amiss to alot of links through the interwebs i keep seeing an empty photo bucket. moving on £400.00 is bonkers
    Plenty of alternatives. I use Flickr, but Imgur, & Google Photos are decent too. There's a link here showing the pros & cons of different services. I'd avoid TinyPic as it's owned by PhotoBucket!

The other links I posted may help with old posts that still have PB links.

Soon this will all become redundant anyway as the forum will allow photos to be directly uploaded, hence no photo host will be required. They'll show in the post (like the sales section) with no need to click links.