Thread: Photobucket pulls the plug!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    I can provide you with an admin login if you want to look at the engine room.
    Thanks. I'll just give it a while to see if I get anything useful out of the general airgun thread.

I've stumbled upon this thread in the Chevereto support forum:

https://chevereto.com/community/thre...e-naming.8691/

I've no idea what it means, but it looks promising.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks. I'll just give it a while to see if I get anything useful out of the general airgun thread.

I've stumbled upon this thread in the Chevereto support forum:

https://chevereto.com/community/thre...e-naming.8691/

I've no idea what it means, but it looks promising.
    Yes, after the Imageshack disaster a few years ago I did the Postimage thing and an internal image importer script, thus, a user can upload an image directly from the editor toolbar, ten minutes later the image is imported onto my server and the image url replaced, there is effectively then an "archive" copy of the image at Postimage. Caveats, this works on Vbulletin software but will not work on the Network54 platform. You could easily integrate the Postimage uploader on your Network54 sites but the strong caveat there is that Postimage is not a gallery system at all, if lose an image url it will be gone, there is no search possibility either. The other major caveat of the Postimage system is that they too are struggling with server costs and the like , earlier this year they came within a whisker of closing down.

I do not allow image attachments as they are an unmitigated disaster on Vbulletin.

As far as I am concerned your resources are incredibly important to the airgunning community and the only way forward is to have total control over your own gallery system/server. I have looked at and setup things like Piwigo, Coppermine etc, my conclusion is that Chevereto is miles ahead technically and ease of use for the end user.

Small donation made to keep Danny's excellent service intact.

J&J

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Small donation made to keep Danny's excellent service intact.

J&J
    Thanks John, and thanks for all your generous help with pics over the years too.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Keep it up Gentlemen

Keep an eye on here to watch what the decent people are donating to keep our history (running total)

http://www.network54.com/Forum/681456

but don't get sidetracked and start looking up your favourite photos

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Just seen this. What a complete pain. Danny's you need the originals any Milbro rubbish I have put up let me know. Also have made a donation towards the fee. Keep it up people Garvins pages are an inspiration.

Donation made. Good luck