Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSA Merlin, tiniest underlever ?

A new pellet transporter for a BSA Merlin. As if by MAGIC.

(I know - I know ....... )

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rayc86 View Post
    Hi i have recently inherited my dad's bsa merlin mk2 as he passed and unfortunately the transporter is missing is there any one on here who still have the dimensions if so could you please send them to me would love to get this back to working order.
    I have the sketch with dimensions in my workshop, will try to dig it out and post it on here.

Regards, Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Dimensions inches as supplied to me by friendly BBS member. I left the drilling of the pellet hole till last so it exactly matched the barrel of the rifle I had. Delrin works well as a material to make these, and easy to work. I find the wood working files give a better finish as you can see by the one I made. If I could get the one back from the guy I made it for I could now cast these in metal.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 15-06-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Bsa merlin transporter

Fantastic thank you so much where i work we have a machine shop so should be able to craft a metal one up and get it back to fully working order. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Rayc86 View Post
    Fantastic thank you so much where i work we have a machine shop so should be able to craft a metal one up and get it back to fully working order. 😀
    Perhaps deejayuu can help with the missing dimensions. I think the original one is a type of plastic as it may need a slight amount of friction to stop it sliding completely out. The Delrin one works really well.

Baz

Again thank you for advice i will bear in mind as i work in the aviation industry hopefully there will be a metal off cut i could use and have no issues crafting