Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ProShot Precision Pellets

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Why don't these companies just put all their effort into making one really good pellet instead of 20 shit ones with gimmicks.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Why don't these companies just put all their effort into making one really good pellet instead of 20 shit ones with gimmicks.
    That is a little unfair considering they are new to the market. I for one appreciate the price and if they shoot well its a win win.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    That is a little unfair considering they are new to the market. I for one appreciate the price and if they shoot well its a win win.
    Nice prices at Ramsbottoms .

On a general note how many Airgun Pellet makers do people here on this forum think there actually are ?
    Most all outside the main three in Europe - are made by the main three .
    Sub contracted pellet manufacture to whomever wants and can pay - re-tinned , re-labelled but all coming from a very small talent pool of few manufacturers .
    Thats the nature a heavy industrial process such as lead work and has been common knowledge for decades .
    You'd be really surprised at just who actually makes some premium pellets .

Best Pellet

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Cos there is no such thing . Too many differences in barrels , rifling . That's before you go into barrel flaws .

I ordered some of these from ramsbottem at the weekend they arrived today WELL packed and the 7.9s come in a large good tin so if there crap at least i have a good tin the magnum 8.2 come in a small crap tin the 7.9s weigh in at 8.10 to 8.20 and the 8.2 come in at 8.40 to 8.60 they are well lubed and very little damage the skirts on the magnums are thin with wide bottoms they dont look like any pellets i have ever seen i hope to bench rest and shoot some this week .

I'm quite interested in this thread. What barrel, gun etc? Looking forwards to the result.

Quote Originally Posted by mr dink View Post
    I ordered some of these from ramsbottem at the weekend they arrived today WELL packed and the 7.9s come in a large good tin so if there crap at least i have a good tin the magnum 8.2 come in a small crap tin the 7.9s weigh in at 8.10 to 8.20 and the 8.2 come in at 8.40 to 8.60 they are well lubed and very little damage the skirts on the magnums are thin with wide bottoms they dont look like any pellets i have ever seen i hope to bench rest and shoot some this week .

Hi,

How did the testing go with these new pellets?

Quote Originally Posted by wainwright2 View Post
    Hi,

How did the testing go with these new pellets?
    out tomorrow with my styr 110 ,hw100 and aa400. 9mph wind so not too bad

A pity they don't do a 5,6 mm pellet amongst the huge variety on offer.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by mr dink View Post
    out tomorrow with my styr 110 ,hw100 and aa400. 9mph wind so not too bad
    Cool, looki forward to reading/seeing your results.

Quote Originally Posted by J S Ramsbottom View Post

Will JSR be doing any sample packs?

Edit - found them on the auction site

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Will JSR be doing any sample packs?

Edit - found them on the auction site
    What like this

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...-gun-pest.html
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I put 200 of the heavies through the Prosport tonight and at 15 metres its pellet on pellet. I will try to get them at 35 metres tomorrow but the quality of the pellet is second to none. A bit like a stretched JSB.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Just got in from a trying these pellets in my guns and the grouping was as big as the palm of my hand at 20 yds i tried a friends lg springer and they were a bit better but no good in my pcps.

Sound positive on one post but not so on the other, enjoy testing lads.