Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ProShot Precision Pellets

As much as I dislike the 'old book by its cover' I do have serious doubts about a pellet range for which two of their too many different options bear the image the the reticle from the cheap sh** chinese made fake scopes sold on evilbay as Bushnell etc.

The inverted trajectory graphs on the tins are also interesting and rather gravity defying.

This without going into the very high resolution images which show off the manufacturing marks on the tins, the appalling quality of print and photoshop on the labels and a very conspicuous absence of even a single actual picture of a pellet.

Good luck to those testing, but I think I'll be saving my money and buying better quality

Edit - Just seen the JSR have good images of the actual pellets.... and they meet my expectations as far as quality of manufacture goes.
    Top marks to JSR though, I wish all suppliers would post high res images of the products and not just the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    As much as I dislike the 'old book by its cover' I do have serious doubts about a pellet range for which two of their too many different options bear the image the the reticle from the cheap sh** chinese made fake scopes sold on evilbay as Bushnell etc.

The inverted trajectory graphs on the tins are also interesting and rather gravity defying.

This without going into the very high resolution images which show off the manufacturing marks on the tins, the appalling quality of print and photoshop on the labels and a very conspicuous absence of even a single actual picture of a pellet.

Good luck to those testing, but I think I'll be saving my money and buying better quality

Edit - Just seen the JSR have good images of the actual pellets.... and they meet my expectations as far as quality of manufacture goes.
    Top marks to JSR though, I wish all suppliers would post high res images of the products and not just the packaging.
    Those images don't look like the ones that I have.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Those images don't look like the ones that I have.

So, generally, a negative impression from the users?

Well finally got around to carrying on testing today. Very little breeze, nice and warm, need some wood for the multi fuel and it just so happens its on one of my permissions. I took the Prosport out with a tin of the ProShot pellets and drew some 5p size dots on a piece of white board 35 yards out. It didn't take long to get it on zero and I am well impressed with the groups. All pellets striking within the dot and no flyers. Stretched things out to 50 yards and it does open out a bit. Centre to centre is still sub 1 inch though and I think that was more me being rusty than anything to do with the pellets.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk