Thread: Tell air rifle

Tell air rifle

Hello, first time posting. I am Looking for any information and/or advice/source of further research on an old air rifle I have been given. Initial enquiries revealed that it is a 'Tell' air rifle but I can't find out much more. It has a hexagonal barrel with number 11 in the underside and the makers name on the top side. I will try and add some photos from the laptop later on. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Pete13 View Post
    Hello, first time posting. I am Looking for any information and/or advice/source of further research on an old air rifle I have been given. Initial enquiries revealed that it is a 'Tell' air rifle but I can't find out much more. It has a hexagonal barrel with number 11 in the underside and the makers name on the top side. I will try and add some photos from the laptop later on. Any information would be greatly appreciated
    Hi Pete

You can't add pics directly, You have to link to them through a hosting site such as Imgur (Can't use Photobucket any more )

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Pete13 View Post
    Pete your rifle will probably have been made before WW2.

'Tell' was a registered trademark of Oscar Will of Zella Mehlis, having previously been registered by Mayer & Grammelspacher (Diana).

Here are some branded Tells and here are some non-branded Tell-type guns.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I never knew that Danny. Could you point me at a source for that so I can have a read for my future articles. Ta

Thank you for your responses, I'll have a further search this weekend. I'm particularly interested in the number 11 on the underside of the barrel. The pictures posted show one similar to mine, with the silvery coating.