Thread: HW80 - What stock have I got?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW80 - What stock have I got?

Hi. I just picked up a HW80 with Tyrolean stock. I'm fairly sure it's a venom stock because of the front end shape and chequering.
    Could someone confirm please?

It looks like the gun was very well used as a lot of the chequering on the grip has worn almost completely smooth.
    Unfortunately there is also a bad repair which may force me to keep it laquered. I was planning on oiling it but I think the crack would show, even when repaired properly.

Also the previous owner proudly told me the words I always dread. 'It's got an Ox spring, proper powerful now'
    He then went on to prove how powerful it was by cocking and dry firing it. This will be getting a full strip down!

Sorry for the bad quality image but it's all I have at the moment

Open it up take some pics of the inside

Link opens but no images

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    Open it up take some pics of the inside
    +1

Gonna watch this, I've an old (pre lazaglide) 'venom' 80 in a tyrolean stock that was modified from a factory hw item, believed to have been done by Don Robinson (luckily without his signature carved 'rabbits-with-antlers' )

Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by zedman View Post
    Link opens but no images

+1

Gonna watch this, I've an old (pre lazaglide) 'venom' 80 in a tyrolean stock that was modified from a factory hw item, believed to have been done by Don Robinson (luckily without his signature carved 'rabbits-with-antlers' )

Rich.
    Try now.
    I've tried on a different computer (i.e not logged in to imgur) and it seems to work now.

I have just started a new air rifle blog which will be a mixture of HFT, airgun maintenance, and collecting/restoring.
    This HW80 will be the first one i post in collecting/restoring. I will be completely stripping it for that. Posting pictures will be much easier on there so I will put a link here when it's done. Hopefully I will get a chance this week

This is what you've got.

I think you have a venom hunter tyrolean with schnabel fore end. I have one for a 77. Hope that helps. You will see them on the early 80s ads in airgun world.
    https://www.walnut.black

https://www.walnut.black

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Try now.
    I've tried on a different computer (i.e not logged in to imgur) and it seems to work now.

I have just started a new air rifle blog which will be a mixture of HFT, airgun maintenance, and collecting/restoring.
    This HW80 will be the first one i post in collecting/restoring. I will be completely stripping it for that. Posting pictures will be much easier on there so I will put a link here when it's done. Hopefully I will get a chance this week
    Still not working for me

I'll keep a watch on this thread & hopefully (when the stars are aligned) I'll get to see it

Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by zedman View Post
    Still not working for me

I'll keep a watch on this thread & hopefully (when the stars are aligned) I'll get to see it

Rich.
    Sorry to have kept you waiting Rich.
    Photos are now online!

http:///venom-arms-hw80-part-1/

I haven't stripped it yet but still hoping to do it tomorrow