Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW80 - What stock have I got?

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    It's been opened up and there is nothing Venom inside

I've put a post up with some pictures, and a quick guide to fixing the Ox spring that was in it

http:///tyrolean-hw80-part-2
    Here's a pic of one I got about 7 years ago; plus a couple more! Had it at the range a couple of weeks ago just to remind myself how sublime it is to shoot. I have spent too much time with the current favourites; TX200 and HW97k recently so it's great to get an 80 fix again! Also have another V-Glided custom 80 and another just with my own mods - obviously have got a bit of thing about 80s (Oh; and BrumBows!).

http://freepdfhosting.com/8117c4b103.pdf

Good luck with your venture, you will love it when it's finished!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

David, yours looks exactly how I would like mine to end up! Beautiful gun.

I generally pick up my Prosport, but the HW80 actually feels nicer to hold so I can't wait to get it sorted. Started looking at 25mm sleeving for it now too.....

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    David, yours looks exactly how I would like mine to end up! Beautiful gun.

I generally pick up my Prosport, but the HW80 actually feels nicer to hold so I can't wait to get it sorted. Started looking at 25mm sleeving for it now too.....
    Yes; I was lucky! Like many others I shied away from the cost of such things in the 1980's (we live and - hopefully - learn!). I swap stocks on my own sorted one (lowest pic) since I prefer sporter stocks to TH ones so it gets it's CS500 as a change!

I love the look of the Prosport and preferred it to the TX200 but after using one for a while changed my mind. Now have 3 TX200s, a Mk1 Venom SR, a Mk2 and a Mk3! The Mk3 has a shorter stroke (nearer the Mk1/Mk2) and a lightened piston as part of an ongoing evaluation saga! Must confess though that I think the HW97k has the edge on the TX!

All good fun though isn't it!

Let me know how you get on with sleeving; always interested in how mods work out! My e-mail address is in my profile!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!