Thread: Brocock Compatto Hunter Field Target

Brocock Compatto Hunter Field Target

Has anyone got one and if so what are their thoughts on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Has anyone got one and if so what are their thoughts on it?
    The jury is out on my mates. Its on its way back for a magazine failure and imitating a shotgun at the target.
    Last edited by Rob Edge; 06-07-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

It's cheaper to just buy the Compatto and have a reg fitted, but at the same time once you learn the power curve of the Compatto why even bother, that's just my opinion, I've had my Compatto for 3 months now and love the thing.
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmoto View Post
    It's cheaper to just buy the Compatto and have a reg fitted, but at the same time once you learn the power curve of the Compatto why even bother, that's just my opinion, I've had my Compatto for 3 months now and love the thing.
    I was wondering the same thing, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    The jusy is out on my mates. Its on its way back for a magazine failure and imitating a shotgun at the target.
    That does not sound good

To be honest you buy the ordinary one then you buy the reg and mess around with it you are at about the same price as the hunter field target , you have no warranty may as well buy the hunter field

Quote Originally Posted by cjsid View Post
    To be honest you buy the ordinary one then you buy the reg and mess around with it you are at about the same price as the hunter field target , you have no warranty may as well buy the hunter field
    Yeah I see where you are coming from plus it has the soft touch stock as well, just concerned by Rob's comment above as maybe the gun is still in the teething stage ?

Yeah I see where you are coming from plus it has the soft touch stock as well, just concerned by Rob's comment above as maybe the gun is still in the teething stage ?
    Is there a reason why you're drawn to this particular design? The ones that i've shot have been agricultural to say the least with mediocre accuracy.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Is there a reason why you're drawn to this particular design? The ones that i've shot have been agricultural to say the least with mediocre accuracy.
    Hi Chris

I liked the look of it and having seen various you tube reviews was drawn to it even more. Thanks for your comments as that is exactly what I am after someone's real life experiences and it sounds like you have shot more than one of them.

Charlie
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 06-07-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Hi Chris

I liked the look of it and having seen various you tube reviews was drawn to it even more. Thanks for your comments as that is exactly what I am after someone's real life experiences and it sounds like you have shot more than one of them.

Charlie
    I've shot 2 different ones Charlie and one in particular quite a lot. My mate bought one and did a fair bit of fettling as it was a bit rough straight out of the box. He managed to get it to a decent set up but chopped it in when a really nice HW100 came up for sale. IMHO the trigger is the worst part and took quite few weeks of tinkering and set up to get it anywhere near decent, initially i don't think i've ever felt a set up with as much second stage creep. For the money they aren't a bad rifle but i'd personally try to find a sound SH HW100.

Thing is Charlie, it's your money and if you like the look then sod it, go and buy one. I think you would probably like it once you'd sorted out the trigger and found the right pellet for the barrel. It wasn't the worst pellet fussy rifle i've known but not the best either. Batch 8 JSB 4.52's seemed to work well.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I've shot 2 different ones Charlie and one in particular quite a lot. My mate bought one and did a fair bit of fettling as it was a bit rough straight out of the box. He managed to get it to a decent set up but chopped it in when a really nice HW100 came up for sale. IMHO the trigger is the worst part and took quite few weeks of tinkering and set up to get it anywhere near decent, initially i don't think i've ever felt a set up with as much second stage creep. For the money they aren't a bad rifle but i'd personally try to find a sound SH HW100.

Thing is Charlie, it's your money and if you like the look then sod it, go and buy one. I think you would probably like it once you'd sorted out the trigger and found the right pellet for the barrel. It wasn't the worst pellet fussy rifle i've known but not the best either. Batch 8 JSB 4.52's seemed to work well.
    Hi Chris

I have a HW100KT, Regal Airteched, BSA Ultra XTX'd, SLR98 and not forgetting the Ratcatcher!, but just fancied a change however that will probably blow over once the wife gets wind of it .

Much appreciated information in any case so thanks; all things considered I will maybe just stick with what I have as I am not a prolific shooter in any case
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 06-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Mine has zero creep out of the box. I cannot adjust it light enough for my preference though. Next project is a trigger fettle.

The Compatto in basic form is a lot cheaper than HW100 and less of a plank/lump. They can be every bit as accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
    Mine has zero creep out of the box. I cannot adjust it light enough for my preference though. Next project is a trigger fettle.

The Compatto in basic form is a lot cheaper than HW100 and less of a plank/lump. They can be every bit as accurate.
    Oh no I have 2 threads running one on basic compatto and the other on target compatto, just shows how difficult it is when you are starting out looking at a new gun but you need other peoples experiences especially to guide you and this site is top draw as people are genuine and want to help.

I am now however dithering between the 2 oh no ! and just for emphasis oh crap ! how do I explain it to the wife! Hmm keep quiet I hear you say and sound advice it is, thank god she is not on this site!!
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 06-07-2017 at 10:38 PM.

HFT version

The HFT version seems to push the price point into another arena of competition. Has the HFT version had the improvements to the trigger as this seems to be one of the concerns with the "Stock" version. Any further problems I should about before I take a long drive to test one ?.