Thread: Reloading for a Schmidt Rubin 1889

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MOGGYM View Post
    Just brought a SCHMIDT RUBEN 7.5 X 53.5

Can you advise me on spares please. I need a magazine and stripper clip.
    Spares are VERY few and far between, magazines are allegedly avaialble from Numrich Arms [usual provisos apply] for around $108, and the stripper clip - you mean chargers? - are also very hard to find at less than stupid money, especially here in UK. I bought mine from the much-missed Guisan many years ago for a pittance - they can now fetch £10 -15 EACH.

Let me get back to you about spares, bearing in mind that here in UK you might have to buy another rifle to get a magazine and any spares you might need. As they are Section 58 this is not a big deal. A couple of people I know here bought two, one to shoot and one to cannibalise if needed. The only accessory for the Model of 1889 is the muzzle cover - Kranks are said to have them, but a check right now showed that his is a fallacy. Slings are easy to find, and are shared with the Model 1900 and the K11 - nobody will really notice if you put one on your rifle that has come from a K31....
    Last edited by tacfoley; 06-02-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Muzzle cover in sales

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Spares are VERY few and far between, magazines are allegedly avaialble from Numrich Arms [usual provisos apply] for around $108, and the stripper clip - you mean chargers? - are also very hard to find at less than stupid money, especially here in UK. I bought mine from the much-missed Guisan many years ago for a pittance - they can now fetch £10 -15 EACH.

Let me get back to you about spares, bearing in mind that here in UK you might have to buy another rifle to get a magazine and any spares you might need. As they are Section 58 this is not a big deal. A couple of people I know here bought two, one to shoot and one to cannibalise if needed. The only accessory for the Model of 1889 is the muzzle cover - Kranks are said to have them, but a check right now showed that his is a fallacy. Slings are easy to find, and are shared with the Model 1900 and the K11 - nobody will really notice if you put one on your rifle that has come from a K31....
    Muzzle cover in sales