Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please don't make fun but newest acquisition is a Browning AirStar 200 electric

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I would use a dry lubricant as far as possible. Maybe a tiny drop of machine oil on the pins.

Try putting

MoS2 Molybdenum Disulfide TECHNICAL GRAGE FINE powder Moly lubricant lube 1oz

into the US 'Bay.com

It's $15 for a handy puff bottle, should last a million years.
    Found this on the bay, how much do you use?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Found this on the bay, how much do you use?
    Just puff it into whatever you need to lube, you should see a shiny coating after working things back and forth a bit. You can mix it with regular moly grease for a high moly content grease too, or with mineral oil.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Mine has the following numbers stamped adjacent to the loading port:

1214P46NZ

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Mine has the following numbers stamped adjacent to the loading port:

1214P46NZ

Dave
    Intestesting mine has same upper number but lower which has to be the serial number is 02799.

Wonder if there are serial numbers below 1000? and how high they go?

The store where I purchased mine still has one for sale so he must have had more than one.

The one that sold on our Gunbroker Site several weeks ago for $500 was said to be the first of a cache of 21 new in box rifles that a importer had for 30 years? (These were such a marketing disaster) No more have been put up for auction, they were probably surprised it brought that much?

Bought a second battery that should arrive in a couple of days. You don't have to be nuts to own this gun but it helps. Lol
    Here is a pic of the cocking mechanism, crazy!
    https://imgur.com/gallery/yzass

How could anything go wrong in there? Lol
    Last edited by 45flint; 15-07-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I think there must be several sleepers around as they simply didn't sell. I've seen a boxed, still labelled one in a shop in Norfolk. Unfortunately the owner wanted far too much for it. They came out just as pcps came onto the scene, so we're virtually obsolete from the start.

Aside from the noise issue, the are superb to shoot. The quality of the bluing puts many manufacturers to shame.

To me, they fit the bill perfectly. I love the weird and wonderful. Mick puts up a pretense of dislike, but I've seen the glint in his eyes when I get the "black and decker" out its case.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Broning Airstar , plus Rutten Mach 1 plus how many more ?

Could n't help notice the article in the current issue of that American mag , Airgun Hobbyist , that the electric Airstar is so so similar to the pure springer version Mach 1 . There is mention of this electric Browning in the article but only a passing mention .

I think there must be several sleepers around as they simply didn't sell. I've seen a boxed, still labelled one in a shop in Norfolk. Unfortunately the owner wanted far too much for it. They came out just as pcps came onto the scene, so we're virtually obsolete from the start.

Aside from the noise issue, the are superb to shoot. The quality of the bluing puts many manufacturers to shame.

To me, they fit the bill perfectly. I love the weird and wonderful. Mick puts up a pretense of dislike, but I've seen the glint in his eyes when I get the "black and decker" out its case.

Dave
    We are the same: the love of the "weird and wonderful"!

The William's sight eliminated it only shooting weakness, deadly with it, and it looks better I think. I continue to be amazed how Peep sights save the fun of shooting with old eyes in the backyard.

I have to admit that we treated these with derision when they were launched but I have to say, with that loading port, it looks a very tidy rifle.

How is the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    I have to admit that we treated these with derision when they were launched but I have to say, with that loading port, it looks a very tidy rifle.

How is the trigger?
    The trigger is quite nice, fully adjustable but I've not touched it. Seems right the way it came to me. Shoots as nice as my Beeman R1. The loading port is just totally unique and very cool. Got new battery coming tomorrow so that should be interesting. Looks identical to those currently used in radio controlled cars. $15-20. Looked up patent, two Rutten brothers? in Belgium. I'm intrigued by their Windstar Mach 1 now, same loading port, but I think they are even more rare. How many people have a unique idea, try to make it a viable product and fail? Got a few in my collection, Targair pistol comes to mind. Markets at any given time can be cruel. I would pick this rifle over my R1 (I'm not a hunter), and it's 1/2? the cost, certainly just as well made.
    Last edited by 45flint; 17-07-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Mick puts up a pretense of dislike, but I've seen the glint in his eyes when I get the "black and decker" out its case.

Dave
    I only smiled when I saw you with it because I realised I hadn't suddenly developed Tinnitus after all, Dave.

All the best Mick

Put in the new RC Battery and it works perfectly. The original Browning battery was definitely on it last legs. Now it really cocks in a zip. Shot all morning still on original charge, see if I get 250 shots per specs. Had a face off with my old Beeman R1 or HW 80. Must admit that the HW is a little better quality but it's close. The R1 feels heavier, and the AirStar is actually better balanced. Some of the weight is in the battery which is in the stock, actually adds weight in the right place for balance. Accuracy they are very close, the R1 with a scope the Airstar with a Williams. Back yard friendly and fun to shoot goes to the AirStar. R1 actually is a bit too powerful in the backyard. AirStar is a nice step down in power for this situation.

For those who care the Airstar has a very standard battery connector. Got the same one but Browning reversed the male female inner connectors. Could have been to make sure you bought a Browning battery? Easy fix with a splice on old Browning connector to new battery.
    Last edited by 45flint; 19-07-2017 at 07:12 PM.