Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please don't make fun but newest acquisition is a Browning AirStar 200 electric

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Good point, the screws holding the bottom plate under the cocking mechanism look pretty straight forward. What lubricant would you put on gears?
    I would use a dry lubricant as far as possible. Maybe a tiny drop of machine oil on the pins.

Try putting

MoS2 Molybdenum Disulfide TECHNICAL GRAGE FINE powder Moly lubricant lube 1oz

into the US 'Bay.com

It's $15 for a handy puff bottle, should last a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I would use a dry lubricant as far as possible. Maybe a tiny drop of machine oil on the pins.

Try putting

MoS2 Molybdenum Disulfide TECHNICAL GRAGE FINE powder Moly lubricant lube 1oz

into the US 'Bay.com

It's $15 for a handy puff bottle, should last a million years.
    Alistair is the lubrication expert.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'll take your advice on the lub, will search out tomorrow. Tonight I fit the Williams peep on it and it should be a huge improvement over the open sights for these old eyes, it has a adjustable aperture, been sitting in a box for 25 years. Just hope it works with the existing front sight it is very tall given the centered barrel, it came with 5 different inserts. The William's looks much better on it. Morning will tell.
    Last edited by 45flint; 12-07-2017 at 01:37 AM.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    You've joined a very exclusive club, welcome.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Only ever seen one.

They were rated at 780 FPS, going to chrony mine but put some chamber oil down and want to work it a bit. The build quality is right there with the best of the German rifles, wood and metal finish is flawless. The manual says the internals are permanently lubricanted so I'm thinking the cocking drive is probably as good as it will get. The spring I'm sure could be tuned, not worth it to me. The cocking noise to me is no big deal, I used to shoot 22 rim fire! I'm not hunting with it. At a price of 155 pounds you couldn't touch anything of this quality like new and its so novel. It's grooved for a scope but I have a good Williams peep sight I bought years ago for my R1 which I may put on. Peeps work for my old eyes, could scope it but in the backyard peeps are a little more entertaining.
    Perfect for the driver of a Tesla........Love it.Trev

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Had a one of these for years and hardly used it. Excellent build quality and one of the best loading ports I've seen. Only problem was it made enough noise to wake the dead when charging the spring. Still a great collectable though
    l have one of these, and like you say the build quality is up with the best off them. l bought mine second hand just for the novtlty of it, and because it didn't sell well. to expensive at the time. there aren't many of them about so a future collecable.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    You've joined a very exclusive club, welcome.

Dave
    What is you serial number?, someone posted that they had never seen one with a serial number under 2000. Mine is 2799. Also mine had a warning in white "Switch off before charging" on the switch plate. All the pics I see don't have that. Probably added during the run cause people don't read manuals.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I wonder if it would be difficult to stick a push-type underlever on one when the motor gave up? Like an Airsporter or ProSport.

I wonder if it would be difficult to stick a push-type underlever on one when the motor gave up? Like an Airsporter or ProSport.
    I think you need to be a little more optimistic, I'm thinking I'll give out probably before this motor? Well maybe this isn't that optimistic either? Lol
    Last edited by 45flint; 12-07-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Well went out this morning with the Williams peep sight and a chrony. Got 700 fps with RWS Hobbys, can see why going up against the newly minted Beeman R1 in the 1980's was difficult. But fine for my backyard. The William's was awesome, never had this happen before. Haven't touch the Williams in 25 years, took it all apart to clean it cause it had been on another gun briefly in the 1980s. Just screwed it all down and took my first shot below. Lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/NGOrX

Never turned a knob, the group on the next target were all in the white touching each other!

The Williams was moving back on the rail, guess I need a scope stop? I cleaned a lot of locktite off the sight, must have used it in the rail to hold it back then, that doesn't sound like I knew what I was doing?
    Last edited by 45flint; 13-07-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Williams sight looks much better, gives it almost a military feel and look.

https://imgur.com/gallery/27fp5
    Last edited by 45flint; 13-07-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Corrected Photobucket posts above to Imgur. Got to love the hassle they created. May all your posts be easy ones!

Corrected Photobucket posts above to Imgur. Got to love the hassle they created. May all your posts be easy ones!
    Thanks for taking the time to do that and for sharing your rather interesting rifle with us. Is it as noisy in real life as on the YT video??

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do that and for sharing your rather interesting rifle with us. Is it as noisy in real life as on the YT video??
    Simple answer is yes, lol. Part of the charm? Got to be a lot going on to give a small electric motor the mechanical advantage to cock a spring force that would take 20? lbs. to do by hand.
    Last edited by 45flint; 13-07-2017 at 12:50 PM.

The Rutten Winstar is the underlever version. You cock it with a backwards and forwards action, cocks spring on both actions. The last time I tried to repair one nearly lost a finger.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD