Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASI repeater

ASI repeater

Hi, wondered if anybody might be thinking of selling a wood stocked version of these. Complete preferred but might consider a sightless one or one that needs tidying up. If you have something you think might be suitable I'd be happy to hear from you,
    cheers

Worked on a lot of these for the RFD but never seen a wood stock one, they must be quite rare ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I've no idea how many we're made/ sold but I'd say I've definitely seen more ASI/ el Gamo Paratrooper repeaters than woodstocked versions. Guess they were the ones that appealed & sold. Never know what might be around, so fingers crossed.

ASI repeater

Think they were called the asi sniper repeater if that helps.

Yep, I think that was it, not sure if they made an Apache version too, but I'll have a look,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Yep, I think that was it, not sure if they made an Apache version too, but I'll have a look,thanks
    Well I have searched the net and cant find any reference or pics of a wood stock paratrooper. As mentioned before I have repaired quite a few of these and they all had plastic stocks and hand grips, even the one my RFD has for sale at the moment is plastic. These rifles were never very good on power due to the long transfer port caused by the sliding pellet feeder. You would think they would put out a lot of power when you take out the 40 coil spring. Most other rifles have 29 to 34 coils.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Well I have searched the net and cant find any reference or pics of a wood stock paratrooper. As mentioned before I have repaired quite a few of these and they all had plastic stocks and hand grips, even the one my RFD has for sale at the moment is plastic. These rifles were never very good on power due to the long transfer port caused by the sliding pellet feeder. You would think they would put out a lot of power when you take out the 40 coil spring. Most other rifles have 29 to 34 coils.

Baz
    They were around. I had one once.

ASI Sniper Repeater aka Gamo Expomatic.

The sniper had a conventional stock if that's the right term, one piece butt with forend, but yes I think all the Paratroopers had a plastic butt, plastic pistol grips with one mark having a plastic for end (mk2?) I think. Tne wood socked Sniper lookedprety similar to the Apache. A Sniper was sold recently for £75, guess who missed it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They were around. I had one once.

ASI Sniper Repeater aka Gamo Expomatic.
    So the wood stock was in two slabs like the plastic stock, screwed onto the zamak skeleton frame ?

Baz

The stock was a one piece type, the Sniper didn't have the distinctive styling of the Paratrooper, which I think may have had some sort of sub frame/ chassis which had a crackle finish where it was not covered by the plastic components. The Sniper looked very conventional with a fairly deep forend. There's a single shot version pictured in Hiller's book if you've got a copy. The repeater had a similar mechanism to the Paratrooper but there's no picture of that version. Ithinkthere were two types of Sniper, one with a deep single groove to the forend & one with several lines on it, bit like a Tornado.....

The Expo (Sniper) and Gamo 68 (Paratrooper) had identical top halves (cylinder, barrel, sights, breech mech, repeater mechanism when fitted, cocking link). The Expo had a conventional wood stock and conventional trigger. The Gamo 68 the paramilitary thing (originally with no fore-end, that came later) of an alloy frame, plastic butt/grip, and a semi-bullpup type trigger linkage to give the Uzi-style central trigger.

So we got to it in the end, what Rod is looking for is a Gamo Expomatic, which has a standard sporter wood stock, and does not look at all like the Paratrooper. It has the tubular magazine but no pistol grip and skeleton frame for fitting the stock. Also uses a different main spring.

Baz

i might not have described it as well as I should have but yes, I think we've pinned it down between us!

Asi sniper repeater

Just come across this post and thought you might like to see a photo of a ASI Sniper I picked up a few years ago.I think this is a slightly later model because my first rifle was a Sniper and the stock had the finger groove down both sides of the wooden stock.This particular rifle is mint and quite rare these days as you just dont see many around especially with the decals.

Sorry trajectory but my ASI sniper is not for sale however I also have several ASI paratroopers MK1 and MK2 in various condition and will have to sell one or two of these along with a ASI statical-I just have too many rifles now and not enough space.

Troy

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/...psizc4kw2z.jpg

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/...pshyf0fdtj.jpg
    Last edited by sniper24687066; 02-08-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Hi, thanks for posting the pictures, appreciated
    Thanks