Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: If you could only have one springer what would it be?

Mmmm...difficult one this; BSA Challenger? BSA Challenger Carbine? BSA Goldstar? I think it will be the BSA Superstar (all are 0.22)....

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    That Diana of yours is superb mate, but then again so is your hw50

If I was allowed to choose a rammer it would be my .177 evolution, or as my son refers to it "the gun you love more than your family." If it had to be strictly springer then it would be my hw80k with the bull barrel and the ginb stock, also in .177. Both are tack drivers and I love em
    Aye Chris thanks for your appreciative comments on my Diana 34 and the wee 50.. It's hard to choose between them.
    It' s a mutual admiration society Bud as I've shot both your Theoben and your customised 80 and they're both on the money as well. 😎
    One of the great features of the Boinger Bash is getting the chance to see and shoot other folk's rifles, all different and individual and great craic into the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Aye Chris thanks for your appreciative comments on my Diana 34 and the wee 50.. It's hard to choose between them.
    It' s a mutual admiration society Bud as I've shot both your Theoben and your customised 80 and they're both on the money as well. 😎
    One of the great features of the Boinger Bash is getting the chance to see and shoot other folk's rifles, all different and individual and great craic into the bargain.
    Absolutely, Graeme.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    What about '1' ?!!!! Lol
    Nope, that means them pesky pffft guns, in'it?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    OOH! now you're just teasing.

In all honesty I really do think you'd have a problem trying to choose.

If I didn't have the Prosport then I'd have a hell of time trying to choose out of my BSA's.

Pete
    Absolutely, that would be the big issue, Pete, as I love them all for different reasons and everyone's a keeper.

The only Boinger that I'd consider ever selling would be the Vipermax because of the pants trigger. But then I can still shoot half decent groups with it, although you really have to work at it. And then I think, "Well, it was a freebie, it's light and the plastic stock means it'll always make a good close quarters ratter / barn gun".

At the April Bash, after shooting a nicely tuned Hatsan 60S (Quattro trigger), I had some nasty, silly notion of selling the Slavia 634. But, since then, and after smacking myself around the mush with a wet haddock a few times, I realise that the CZ really is a keeper. Quality barrel, manual barrel lock, lightweight 25mm piston, synthetic rear piston bearing, RIDICULOUSLY easy to strip, shooting at high 11s and with a wonderful firing cycle after fitting one of the Tinster's kits. I'd be mad to sell it.

TX200. I have 8 and I could keep them all since I only shoot one at the time. If you shoot loads of pellets, the TX is also your gun because with only spare springs, lube and seals, it will last a million shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Sorry, can't answer that. They all have their pros and cons - if they didn't I wouldn't have kept them.

Next question?

Exactly this.

Only one gun for me early model HW77,totally reliable,accurate,bomb proof and simple to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Rhys, it's norra springer, it's a rammer !
    Love my Relum Tornado !
    It's an air spring John.. you of all people should know that!! Lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Well, putting it that way, Rob, and reading "survivalist" rifle into it, that'd be the HW80, then.
    In that scenario, I am 100% with you: HW80 all the way -- although I would still stick with my favoured cal of .177 and would look for the K carbine model, too.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gun

This week it would be the Original 50T01. Next week its likely to be summat different but quite likely to be of the Diana flavour
    Dave
    Last edited by jonnyone; 16-07-2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    It's an air spring John.. you of all people should know that!! Lol
    That one belongs on the same "shelf" as "Sky Hooks" Rhys !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    That one belongs on the same "shelf" as "Sky Hooks" Rhys !
    Have you never used sky hooks John? I'm shocked!
    A man of your caliber and you're a disbeliever... Well look here, Ted makes great use of one for holding his target...

https://youtu.be/zWYcsRr7T6E

Guess that makes my Evo an 'air'springer no?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Have you never used sky hooks John? I'm shocked!
    A man of your caliber and you're a disbeliever... Well look here, Ted makes great use of one for holding his target...

https://youtu.be/zWYcsRr7T6E

Guess that makes my Evo an 'air'springer no?
    Not entirely convinced but wouldn't mind having a go at that down at the Bash.
    Holes in the polytunnel roof ?
    “An airgun or two”………