Thread: If you could only have one springer what would it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

I'd love to see Tony's brain explode if he had to make a decision, so many to choose from but I recon it would have a HW and a 9 in it somewhere

Mine would have to be that damn pesky HW77 copy, my early Prosport

Pete
    Yep, it'd certainly start with "HW" and the numbers 3, 5, 7, 8 and 0 are nice numbers, too!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, it'd certainly start with "HW" and the numbers 3, 5, 7, 8 and 0 are nice numbers, too!
    OOH! now you're just teasing.

In all honesty I really do think you'd have a problem trying to choose.

If I didn't have the Prosport then I'd have a hell of time trying to choose out of my BSA's.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    OOH! now you're just teasing.

In all honesty I really do think you'd have a problem trying to choose.

If I didn't have the Prosport then I'd have a hell of time trying to choose out of my BSA's.

Pete
    Absolutely, that would be the big issue, Pete, as I love them all for different reasons and everyone's a keeper.

The only Boinger that I'd consider ever selling would be the Vipermax because of the pants trigger. But then I can still shoot half decent groups with it, although you really have to work at it. And then I think, "Well, it was a freebie, it's light and the plastic stock means it'll always make a good close quarters ratter / barn gun".

At the April Bash, after shooting a nicely tuned Hatsan 60S (Quattro trigger), I had some nasty, silly notion of selling the Slavia 634. But, since then, and after smacking myself around the mush with a wet haddock a few times, I realise that the CZ really is a keeper. Quality barrel, manual barrel lock, lightweight 25mm piston, synthetic rear piston bearing, RIDICULOUSLY easy to strip, shooting at high 11s and with a wonderful firing cycle after fitting one of the Tinster's kits. I'd be mad to sell it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I reckon you'd end up with "that Vantage job" Tone ?
    “An airgun or two”………

What about '1' ?!!!! Lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    What about '1' ?!!!! Lol
    Nope, that means them pesky pffft guns, in'it?