Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heads-up. Scope bargain!

Well what is a good scope ??,i havent been using em long enough to know what to avoid.is there a scope you zero in and thats it ?.wish my eyes were like used to be id use open sights,getting pxxxed off now with these scopes.

Pay cheap, pay twice.

In saying that my first scope was a £30 Tasco 3-9x40 rip off from China. Couldn't complain about it whatsoever, very consistent and held its zero. Good luck!

I also just purchased a very cheap Zeiss 3-9x40 Chinese copy. I've yet to use it but will let you guys know how it fairs.

Cheers.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    Well what is a good scope ??,i havent been using em long enough to know what to avoid.is there a scope you zero in and thats it ?.wish my eyes were like used to be id use open sights,getting pxxxed off now with these scopes.

You get good and bad in most budget makes, but if it's not up to the job you can just return it.

Most of mine are Leupold and Redfield now with a couple of little WTC's thrown in.
    However, I have a gun I'm working on with no scope, in a while it will be sold so having a usuable but cheap scope on it will be good for the new owner.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Ok lads thanks,i got 2 scopes richter optiks 3-9x50 which ive only used 3 or 4 times but seems to be ok,and a hawke 3-9x50 which ive only just bought so see how that goes.

Mine arrived this morning, it looks well made and well finished. Turrets turn well to both stops and came back to the same centre. I haven't bothered to re px it yet as its clear from about 12 yards upward. Image is bright and crisp with only light blurring around the edge.

To check its strength I put in on the Fenman for a "Death or Glory" test!
    50 shots later and zero hasn't shifted. I'll keep the guarantee handy, but I will chuck a load through at the club wednesday and see what happens.

It's so good I wish I'd bought more, but I just checked and the price has gone up and there's only six left.

Thanks for sharing Nick. I will have to wait on reviewing mine until next week, when I will be back home. Hopefully yours won't Cark before I get chance to try mine. If it does, please don't post about it for a few days

maybe there were a bargain after all,its like hawke scopes people say keep away from em loada crap ect ect and some people love em.i havent enough experiance with scopes to say whats good n bad.i got my money refunded so im happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    maybe there were a bargain after all,its like hawke scopes people say keep away from em loada crap ect ect and some people love em.i havent enough experiance with scopes to say whats good n bad.i got my money refunded so im happy with that.
    Going OT a bit but you can always get a duffer now and again, no matter what you buy but to be fair I find the Hawke and Nikko good enough for me. At least with Hawke you get a good after sales. Recently I had a problem with one, the illumination became faulty and was lighting up the whole inside of the tube and it was exchanged with no fuss whatsoever.

My club use Zos which are supposed to be well down the pecking order but people can hit map pin sized aim points at 25 yards day in and day out with them, and win competitions too!

I think you will like your Vantage .

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    Going OT a bit but you can always get a duffer now and again, no matter what you buy but to be fair I find the Hawke and Nikko good enough for me. At least with Hawke you get a good after sales. Recently I had a problem with one, the illumination became faulty and was lighting up the whole inside of the tube and it was exchanged with no fuss whatsoever.

My club use Zos which are supposed to be well down the pecking order but people can hit map pin sized aim points at 25 yards day in and day out with them, and win competitions too!

I think you will like your Vantage .
    I hated mine, but if you're only using a PCP it doesn't really matter. its only springers that need a scope that can take a bashing!
    The last Hawke scope I had was in an aluminium lockable flight case that was better quality than the scope. What's the point in that? Do you take your scope off the gun every night and tuck it in?

Utter tosh designed to fool the gullible.

I have had dissapointimg scopes at everything from £30-£200, but for £16 this really was a steal

Quote Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
    They're cheap because they are crap. Bought one a couple of months ago, first time out when I tried to zero it the whole left-right adjuster totally unscrewed from the body as the cap was stuck to the adjuster. Eventually managed to separate them, the threads were dog rough and had galled. Replaced the adjuster back into the main body using threadlock to fix it solid. Tried to zero it but it was useless and wouldn't hold it for more than a few shots even with the parallax adjusted down to 25/30 yards which is dead easy to do. Tried it again a few days later with the same result and it went in the bin.
    For the money it's the chance you take. Can't expect much😊
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Got one for my rimfire. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. For the money it's a steal. People want 30 for some unbranded battered crap.
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

got the tasco silver antler, the simmons deerstalker and the bushnell multi from them. no worries about any.
    they are honest. they told me the bushnell was water damaged. so, the box was a bit bggred. the sight was perfect.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.