Thread: Tyrolean stock maker

Tyrolean stock maker

Does anyone make them anymore, I know CS don't and following a fruitless search of google I've not seen anything up to date. I know venom in the day fitted them but wasn't sure if they had them made or made their own.
    I would like to get one for my HW80 to assist with shooting position etc they also IMO look good too.
    Cheers
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Have CS stopped making them??

Shame I always fancied one.
    Master Debater

Seems to depend who/when you ask at CS. I'm pretty sure somebody bought one recently. The tyrolean version is CS600.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Have CS stopped making them??

Shame I always fancied one.
    Looked at all the CS models and no tyrolean unfortunately. I'm sure that the stocks they make would do a similar job but I prefer the look of a traditional tyrolean with the curved cheek piece.
    I'm surprised as they seem to generate a lot of interest when they occasionally come up for sale so there is a demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Seems to depend who/when you ask at CS. I'm pretty sure somebody bought one recently. The tyrolean version is CS600.
    So there's a CS500 then CS700 but no CS600 on the website unless they are on hold??

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    So you don't know.

Give them a ring.
    Master Debater

So you don't know.

Give them a ring.
    Cheers Murphy
    Your right they have made a tyrolean which is a CS600, I'll ring and see if they still make that particular model it's just not on the webpage at present

Don't hold your breath getting any response. I sent them an email (on the form on their website) two weeks ago now. They haven't been arsed to reply.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    So you don't know.

Give them a ring.
    I recommend this course of action. Custom Stocks certainly used to make Tyrolean stocks some years back as I had a nice Grade II left handed version made for a HW 80.
    “An airgun or two”………

a bit concerning regarding no response, I was just about to order a stock for my HW
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    a bit concerning regarding no response, I was just about to order a stock for my HW
    I wouldn't be too concerned.
    I called them this morning on their phone/fax number and it went straight to fax, I then gave up.
    Half an hour later, a very helpful chap called me back. He spent a good while going through my questions.
    Very helpful.

I had a cs600 tyrolean on an 80 a couple of years ago. It was almost new when I got it. Its probably just not a very popular stock is all. The plus and minus is you get a very fixed head position.
    Just give them a call on the phone.
    I've just bought a cs500 from them and they were great to deal with.
    I'm sure they'll make you a cs600
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Does anyone make them anymore, I know CS don't and following a fruitless search of google I've not seen anything up to date. I know venom in the day fitted them but wasn't sure if they had them made or made their own.
    I would like to get one for my HW80 to assist with shooting position etc they also IMO look good too.
    Cheers
    I had a HW77 with a walnut FACTORY stock years ago. Nice wrap around checkering. It might be worth while contacting Hull Cartridge to see if they did one for the 80.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I had a HW77 with a walnut FACTORY stock years ago. Nice wrap around checkering. It might be worth while contacting Hull Cartridge to see if they did one for the 80.
    Yes , HW did and I have one Plus a Hw77T and a 55T .

They also did a 85T which I have been searching for for years but never seen in the flesh. It was featured in AGW back in the day as a special order.

HW Factory Tyrolean's were much better than Venom or Custom stocks, IMHO as they had far more depth of wood and curves .

If anyone is interested in having a true custom stock made you could try Andy Hayhurst. Just Google his name for contact info. He has mainly done shotgun stocks but I mentioned that it seemed difficult to get a reliable custom stock maker for airguns and he would be happy to oblige. Price will depend on spec but might be worth a try. Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer