Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polish hand made Target Pistol .177

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by longman View Post
    Thanks I was so lucky to get it
    Classy looking piece of kit. Does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Classy looking piece of kit. Does it work?
    Yes it does very well
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

What we need is a YouTube video of this. An on the bench walk-down and then some shooting scenes.

Go on - show it off!
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    What we need is a YouTube video of this. An on the bench walk-down and then some shooting scenes.

Go on - show it off!
    Ok when I've got time il get round to it ,like the idea !!
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

It reminds me of the FEG CO2 pistol that I had even though it was made by the FEG gun factory it still looked hand made I will put a link for anyone who does not now about them. http://airgunenthusiast.weebly.com/f...--177-cal.html

That is a lovely gun that you have got there the lift up top is a nice idea for much like the FEG where you pull up a leaver to load it that has to be a keeper do not make the mistake that I made and sell it only to regret it later.

The Feg is also a lovely looking pistol ,never seen one before
    Like you say I can't ever imagine selling it
    I would like to do a review of it in the Airgun World magazine
    Just to find out more about it if any one knows and try and find out
    Who as the other two , it would be great to find out
    Many thanks for all the interest
    Atb
    Dean

This pistol is a precision engineering marvel. It is utterly fabulous and beautiful.

I really wouldn't be able to put it away in its case. Thank you for sharing OP.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    This pistol is a precision engineering marvel. It is utterly fabulous and beautiful.

I really wouldn't be able to put it away in its case. Thank you for sharing OP.
    I'm going to do a review for the AirGun World Magazine and I thought about taking it to the Hatfield show
    and leaving it with Terry If he agrees and there is enough interest,what does everyone think as I'd love to know more about it
    Ps thanks everyone who's shown interest
    Atb
    Dean

I'm going to do a review for the AirGun World Magazine and I thought about taking it to the Hatfield show
    and leaving it with Terry If he agrees and there is enough interest,what does everyone think as I'd love to know more about it
    Ps thanks everyone who's shown interest
    Atb
    Dean
    Don't get me wrong, Dean. I think it's a marvelous pistol, but with respect:

1) How much general appeal would it have in AGW - given that it is a pistol, not only that but a target pistol, and it seems only 3 were ever made?

If so, a maximum of 3 people can own examples of this pistol at any one time. So it's not likely that AGW readers will ever come across one.

Rarity is interesting, but not rarity alone... if another engineer made a single 'one-off' pistol - it would not automatically be more interesting than yours.

Rare models from known manufacturers can perhaps be more interesting, because there's much more info' to get stuck in to. The interest generated around the world about the (suspected?) Walther LP52 for example.

2) How much more is there to know about your pistol?

The guy who made it apparently only made three and this was the third.
    He was a Polish engineer who is now sadly passed.
    Further details would I'm sure be of interest to you, but again - perhaps not all that interesting to the general airgunning public?

Just my thoughts on the subject... Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

1) How much general appeal would it have in AGW - given that it is a pistol, not only that but a target pistol, and it seems only 3 were ever made?

If so, a maximum of 3 people can own examples of this pistol at any one time. So it's not likely that AGW readers will ever come across one.

Rarity is interesting, but not rarity alone... if another engineer made a single 'one-off' pistol - it would not automatically be more interesting than yours.

Rare models from known manufacturers can perhaps be more interesting, because there's much more info' to get stuck in to. The interest generated around the world about the (suspected?) Walther LP52 for example.

Further details would I'm sure be of interest to you, but again - perhaps not all that interesting to the general airgunning public?

Well Phil your quite right in what you say ,just how much interest would there be in this pistol , just because
    it's a rather nice bit of kit and only three were made doesn't make it holy grail of pistols !!

I just wish for my own interest a little bit more info could have been found like the name of the engineer and if it was at all made for some one or a purpose and that would suffice for me

As for the interest of the general public then I suppose only the editor Terry can decide

Thanks for your opinion and I appreciate all input no matter how great all small

Kind regards

Dean

Be much better to do a review of a really obscure rare 'valuable 'pistol made in 1929 by Coggs Bloggs and Harrison of Wolverhampton that shot miserably even when brand new?

Or the new Grull Thunderballs PCP rifle from Silesia available for £1950 from some importer in Middle Europe.

Interesting airguns do not have to be rare .
    Custom airguns - made from the ground up will always be interesting to any serious airgunner - even if they don't 'collect ' .
    It inspires people when they see what can be done by one man in his garden shed .
    Used to be what WE here were famous for .
    gingernut has hit the nail on the head - so much fabricated rubbish out there - all ex factory with full factory provenance .
    Not everyone on this forum wants to buy yet another Webley Senior and then start mulling over serial numbers

You could say the same about all of the expensive antiques that only the very well off can afford to buy yet people love buying magazines and watching tv programs about them .
    Last edited by beagle2; 26-07-2017 at 07:39 PM.

BigEars Guest
    Well Phil your quite right in what you say ,just how much interest would there be in this pistol , just because
    it's a rather nice bit of kit and only three were made doesn't make it holy grail of pistols !!

I just wish for my own interest a little bit more info could have been found like the name of the engineer and if it was at all made for some one or a purpose and that would suffice for me

As for the interest of the general public then I suppose only the editor Terry can decide

Thanks for your opinion and I appreciate all input no matter how great all small

Kind regards

Dean
    It's a thing of beauty, enjoy shooting it.

It does look awesome, I also watched it for a while on gunstar. I wonder if there is any clues to when it was made.