Thread: Lazer Question

Lazer Question

Need a lazer to help with range finding . want to be able to range find out to around 50 yards , using the reticle . i see Uttings advertise one they say is good to 50 yards . £ 40 ish . cheaper ones on flea bay . but are they any good , with a small enough dot . HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    Need a lazer to help with range finding . want to be able to range find out to around 50 yards , using the reticle . i see Uttings advertise one they say is good to 50 yards . £ 40 ish . cheaper ones on flea bay . but are they any good , with a small enough dot . HOLLY
    Hi Holly,

I have a green laser of the type on the bay (around £25)...it is ok/good fun for plinking, in fact a .22 pellet will shine out and act like a tracer for part of its trajectory if the laser is mounted above the barrel. The dot is clearly visible to the naked eye out a 50 yards but it it probably wouldn't be fine enough for what you want...also it may be a bit glary depending on the mag/scope your using.
    blah blah

I used to use one for this job you require but it did not hold zero well. And was a pain to zero using the adjuster screws.they were in the front of the laser. Not turrets. Not sure if one with turrets is better.

I basically got mine as close as I could to zero then revolved the laser in the mount to get it closeer still.

Pulsar

The lazer on my pulsar is about an inch across at 50 yards . easily seen . red by the way . i wondered if the one from uttins is the same type ??? HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

Are we talking day scopes or NV here Dave
    Neil
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by stillair1 View Post
    Neil
    If using a red laser for night vision, get a 3.5" floppy disc and take it apart. Use the recording material (the small record) and cut it to fit on your laser sight. It dulls the beam down and does not cause a bright flare in the night vision monitor or eye piece.

Two layers will be better for gen1 tubed units but watch it does not burn a dot in the tube.

Neil
    If you mean me it was a day scope, a Redfield Rev 3-9x50 and a cheap green laser unit, which is clearly visible through scope and to the naked eye during broad daylight...but the dot is about 50mm+ at 35 yards or so...I was up the club yesterday and tried it, the green laser dot fills the big 40/50mm? kill zone on a tin chicken at about that range.

I had the green laser mounted above the Redfield on my old Phoenix for a while and found that the pellet trajectory would be within the spread of the laser beam for about the last 15 yards or so on a 35 yard zero...the laser light was reflecting off the inside of the pellet giving the trace effect, looked cool anyway!
    blah blah

Not you Dave, but the op Dave H.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Not you Dave, but the op Dave H.
    Ah...scrub my nonsense then!
    blah blah

Not you Dave, but the op Dave.

Not you Dave, but the op Dave.

Ah...scrub my nonsense then!

...deja vu?...glitch in the matrix?
    blah blah

Damn smart phones got a mind of its own I tell yer.