Thread: Longbow strip down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I remember correctly you will need to just cock the trigger before assembling into the action, being careful not to let it off,when the action is fitted into the stock release the trigger and then it should cock !

I give up on trying to get this thing to cock. I have tried several times this morning. I have not changed anything on the rifle just a clean and relube. I have even tried without the mainspring fitted, still will not cock. Really desperate now. I need a solution.

I thought there would have been a bit more knowledge around. Still no nearer solving the problem. I think I will strip the trigger as a last resort. Rather annoying as it was cocking Ok before strip down. Wish I had just not bothered.

Longbow

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I thought there would have been a bit more knowledge around. Still no nearer solving the problem. I think I will strip the trigger as a last resort. Rather annoying as it was cocking Ok before strip down. Wish I had just not bothered.
    I've had this happen to me a few times and have tried to explain what works for me .

Thanks, I did locate the part you referred to and yes I had not installed correctly, but after rectifying that it still would not latch. I have removed the safety to check but that did not alter anything. The longbow does not use a rod to cock the trigger but uses a notch in the piston. It seems as though the piston travels so far back and starts to slip over the sear but then fails to activate a secondary sear which is the part you mentioned in your previous post. I am going to bite the bullet and strip the trigger to inspect the sears.

Longbow

To be honest, I've had this happen a few times and am not completely sure how I sorted it , just played around untill it worked.
    You could adjust the trigger for more sear engagement.
    Jonny

Is the detent ball and spring in place ?