Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
Thanks David, eventually come to the conclusion that this is the problem. The block retaining bolt does look as though it has an integral collar, but I will pull the stock off again to double check. I did check the Chamber`s web site but it`s not too clear. Was the original collar free to drop out before the bolt was removed from the trigger block. If so it would seem that I have a missing part.
Hi Archie

It would appear that there are two configurations which have been used. The earlier one (don't know what serial numbers were affected!) was a long HEX Head with the collar tube which could just fall off. Later ones (as in the manual for Series 2 models) appear to have an integral collar which should work! I just took the stock off one of mine and found that it had the integral collar.

If you do take your stock off again, can you send a pic of the trigger unit showing what the resting position of the intermediate sear is? I do recall in the distant past having issues as mentioned by Jonny but having done it so many times now have obviously developed "the knack". Certainly if the unit is in the cocked state and the safety toggle properly located, there is no reason why it should not cock, particularly since it once did!

I may well look you up next time I visit friends in Kettering! I am planning to visit the Boinger Bash in Sept and usually make loads of visits whilst away from base!

Whatever you do, don't despair! I will e-mail you some info and if it's useful may put up a link to a PDF with the data!

atvb
David