Thread: Longbow strip down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks, I did locate the part you referred to and yes I had not installed correctly, but after rectifying that it still would not latch. I have removed the safety to check but that did not alter anything. The longbow does not use a rod to cock the trigger but uses a notch in the piston. It seems as though the piston travels so far back and starts to slip over the sear but then fails to activate a secondary sear which is the part you mentioned in your previous post. I am going to bite the bullet and strip the trigger to inspect the sears.

Longbow

To be honest, I've had this happen a few times and am not completely sure how I sorted it , just played around untill it worked.
    You could adjust the trigger for more sear engagement.
    Jonny

Is the detent ball and spring in place ?

If you mean the ball and spring on the trigger safety slide, yes it is. I`ve had the trigger unit apart and buffed all the mating surfaces and completely cleaned. So I`ll give it another go when I get the chance. Whilst I think the trigger is quite a nice release (when I can get it to catch) I do not think much of the way the piston contacts the primary sear to engage the mechanism.

Hi sorry I've just picked this up, been many months one the fishing forums.

You need to cock the trigger and push the fiddly bit down also whilst inserting, it will take you two or three goes to master, and best practised with no spring first of all till you get the knack.

I have the original Longbow manual, and a PDF soft copy somewhere I will look out.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

A copy of the manual would be nice. Can you be more specific about the " fiddly bit" Do you mean the safety probe which fits into the safety slide catch. And yes I have cocked the trigger before inserting.

Hi Archie,

Yes that is the fiddly bit, once its in and the safety can slide/move etc, release the trigger and it should cock, as I said its weird just like Jonny said also, so try it a few times with no spring etc.

The manual is available here

http://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co....bow_Manual.pdf
    Nice things happen to nice people.