Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Longbow strip down

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Would you want the pic to show the trigger unit still pinned to the rifle, just with the action removed from the stock ?
    Yep; that's what gives us the info!

I must confess that I don't recall the detail for the free collar sleeve type, will look at the other rifles I still have!

Jonny is on the ball anyway so between us all we should be able to sort it!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

David, I have mailed some pics showing the trigger cocked and uncocked. The retaining bolt has a built in collar. Also in the last pic you will see a screwdriver inserted to apply leverage on the primary sear. Doing this the trigger cocks easy. It would seem to me that the piston is not applying enough force to engage the 2 sears.

Just an update. Many thanks for all your replies and at last the problem has been sorted, with many thanks to TopDog who has been brilliant with all his help and extensive knowledge.

Great news. How did you sort it, was it the missing part that was causing the issue?

No, there were no missing parts. The spring was very close to being coil bound, but this was completely overlooked as the rifle was performing before strip down.