Thread: Haenel 100 repeater trigger mechanism?

Haenel 100 repeater trigger mechanism?

A long shot, does anyone have an exploded diagram or detailed pictures of the trigger mechanism of the above pistol, I’m almost sure the one I’m working on has something missing, I have repaired the wooden grips on a few of these but this is the first time I have found it necessary to disassemble the trigger mechanism, any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Lawrie.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Is this any help Lawrie?

Cheers,

John

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Is this any help Lawrie?

Cheers,

John
    John,

That’s exactly what is in the one I have, so now I know there is nothing missing, so now I will have to work out why the sear isn’t holding, the slight difference between your picture and the one I have is that the thin piece of steel, that is pinned to the cocking link has on your one a little angled bend on the end, my one is dead straight so I will put that bend into it and see if that makes a difference. Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,

Lawrie.

I was going to suggest having a look at the spring on the cocking lever in case the tip had fractured & been lost but I guess you might have spotted a 'ragged' edge to the end. Hopefully a bit of re shaping might correct things.

If the end has broken off, reshaping it won't help. You need the full length so that the end bridges the gap between trigger and sear and allows the trigger to push the sear out of engagement. (It is a very clever and simple anti-bear trap device, which ensures that you cannot fire the gun until the cocking lever has been returned into the grip.) If the tip has broken off, you will have to make a new leaf spring.

If the end has broken off, reshaping it won't help. You need the full length so that the end bridges the gap between trigger and sear and allows the trigger to push the sear out of engagement. (It is a very clever and simple anti-bear trap device, which ensures that you cannot fire the gun until the cocking lever has been returned into the grip.) If the tip has broken off, you will have to make a new leaf spring.
    You are quite right, if the tip of the spring has broken off bending won't correct things. My wording probably wasn't the best I could have used. I meant it to read that hopefully it hadn't broken & that reshaping the spring might be enough to get it going again.

Lawrie, any news on what looks to be the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    You are quite right, if the tip of the spring has broken off bending won't correct things. My wording probably wasn't the best I could have used. I meant it to read that hopefully it hadn't broken & that reshaping the spring might be enough to get it going again.

Lawrie, any news on what looks to be the issue?
    I think the part we are discussing has probably been replaced by someone in the past, it is definitely not made of spring steel, because I reshaped it by bending it with a small pair of pliers, it has no springiness at all, I’m not sure if the dimensions are right I think it’s length may be ok but the width seems a bit narrow, about 5mm, and moves excessively side to side, but that could be because the hole formed at the end where the pin attaches it to the cocking arm is much larger than the diameter of the pin, I am going to make another one, the only spring steel I have that may do the job is some old bicycle trouser clips so will try that.

Cheers Lawrie.

John,

I have just answered a question by Trajectory about the problem I’m having, and was wondering if you have the measurements of the one shown in your picture. I would have thought the width would be slightly narrower than the internal width of the pressed steel sear and shaped to fit into the slot where it is held by the pin, I am going to try making one from an old bicycle clip, because that is the only piece of spring steel that I have that may be suitable, any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Lawrie.

I am going to make another one, the only spring steel I have that may do the job is some old bicycle trouser clips so will try that.

Cheers Lawrie.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good use for a bicycle clip to me, & if it's a wet 'n miserable where you live as it is here its not cycling weather anyway. Hope it works.

Here are the measurements Lawrie. The strip is not tapered at all. I don't think it needs to be spring steel, but the tip needs to be tough enough to take the repeated pressure from the trigger without metal fatigue and cracking.