Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice wanted regarding crudely home made Air Pistol

It has a hint of the French MAS about it, although the MAS has a very neat feature whereby the barrel moves forward on cocking to allow loading.

Difficult to value one-offs, obviously. I suppose the only way is to test the market and see.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

What is the first stage let off like?

"But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Yes the cocking link is interesting, I assume it drops down to rest on the trigger guard after cocking, then needs some fiddling with the trigger and link to re-engage it.

As far as I am aware it's all there and as of today's date I have cocked and fired it once (but not something that I will do further for both Health and Safety and preservation of condition reasons).

Basically you pull the cocking lever down, fiddle with the Trigger (there's no Trigger Spring ?) in order to engage the Sear, fiddle with the cocking linkage in order to allow the cocking lever to return to the "closed position", and fire it at will (and in answer to the question posed in the above posting, the first stage (and only stage) let off is around three tons).

From the safety point of view I'd say that it does work, but that if anyone wanted to use it on a regular basis it shold be fitted with a weaker spring.

Vic T
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 16-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.

i love stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    As far as I am aware it's all there and as of today's date I have cocked and fired it once (but not something that I will do further for both Health and Safety and preservation of condition reasons).

Basically you pull the cocking lever down, fiddle with the Trigger (there's no Trigger Spring ?) in order to engage the Sear, fiddle with the cocking linkage in order to allow the cocking lever to return to the "closed position", and fire it at will (and in answer to the question posed in the above posting, the first stage (and only stage) let off is around three tons).

From the safety point of view I'd say that it does work, but that if anyone wanted to use it on a regular basis it shold be fitted with a weaker spring.

Vic T
    I agree with Phil & Micky2, I love stuff like this, having made a few primitive guns myself in my youth. I am going to be a bit fanciful here but I can imagine a 13 year old blacksmith's apprentice in 1920's who can't afford a new Webley so he makes one to his own design, which is impressive! Having recently read "ccdjg"thread I suggest you let him have a look for potential rebuild or enhanced reproduction. this is part of airgun history. best regards cringe.

Well I quite like it as a curiosity, weird would be my comment, if you do decide to sell it please let me know. I am interested.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Does it not have a hint of the Westley Richard's about it?

edbear2 Guest
    Interesting to re-visit / re-read this thread as well, at least the GAt(sby) has got folk talking

ATB, Ed