Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 97 stocks...

97 stocks...

Red laminate, blue laminate, beach, plastic, thumbhole or sporter???
    I've been looking at pictures of the 97k stocks (on the sgc website) wondering if there are any differences in shape/cheek piece hight?
    From my looking it seems the 'th' has the highest cheek riser, then the STD sporter & blue laminate, then the red laminate has the lowest.... (I think the red laminate is actually the forest 77 stock?)
    I'd like your thoughts & experience on these stocks please, I'm thinking I might order a .20 black line or .20 beech sporter but I can't get those lush looking laminate stocks out of my head, especially the red laminate., In which case I'd be going for a .177 which isn't really what I want, and i recon I'd struggle with the cheek piece being too low.....
    Anyway let's have your thoughts please on the stocks mentioned, what are the differences noticeable in use? What are the finishes like?
    Thanks all
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    What about a CS stock? That's what your Evo has, it'll be like putting on an old glove.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    What about a CS stock? That's what your Evo has, it'll be like putting on an old glove.
    Mmmmmm.... Yeah.. maybe. I thought that that could be a last resort!! Lol I'm trying to keep the cost down.. (short term )
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Cs800 skeleton, rosewood cap, adj buttpad...... Unfinished & stained green.... Mmmmmm mm

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Mmmmmm.... Yeah.. maybe. I thought that that could be a last resort!! Lol I'm trying to keep the cost down.. (short term )
    We bought an HW00k with the fister stock, I put the stock on the bay and got £150 for it, that is a big chunk toward a decent one.

We bought an HW00k with the fister stock, I put the stock on the bay and got £150 for it, that is a big chunk toward a decent one.
    (Rubbing beard in a super vilan fashion)..

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    My favourite is the blue because it IS a 97k stock just laminated.
    Master Debater

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Infact I think I might just buy one.
    Master Debater

Rhys, your inbox is full. By in short: Gaaaaay!

Rhys, your inbox is full. By in short: Gaaaaay!
    Yes yes yes... I am gay, finally I can join your club
    Now empty

get a room you two lol

the synthetic stock on the blackline is nice. i bought a secondhand one for my 97 a little while back to help keep the weight down. though i have read that keen enthusiasts like to fill the void in the butt (no pun intended!) with resin to absorb the recoil/ resonance, but i think it is fine as it is personally...
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    get a room you two lol

the synthetic stock on the blackline is nice. i bought a secondhand one for my 97 a little while back to help keep the weight down. though i have read that keen enthusiasts like to fill the void in the butt (no pun intended!) with resin to absorb the recoil/ resonance, but i think it is fine as it is personally...

The synthetic stock is heavier than its wood equivalent

I am surprised at that. It must be psychological then matey?!? You arent using those dodgy scales from the fish market again are you lol
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    I am surprised at that. It must be psychological then matey?!? You arent using those dodgy scales from the fish market again are you lol

No. Someone told me that a few years back and I didn't believe them, so when I got home I weighed them both. It's not much, but walnut is lighter. Beech is cheaper, but it's just so low rent.

No. Someone told me that a few years back and I didn't believe them, so when I got home I weighed them both. It's not much, but walnut is lighter. Beech is cheaper, but it's just so low rent.
    Low rent?