Thread: Post Office and Royal Mail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It wasn't the pistol that was the problem, he probably left the co2 capsule in it. These are banned as pressure vessels by the PO.

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex
    Yes he said he packed 10 co2 with it

normaly the post office asks whats inside parcel,he musnt have said co2 cartridges (what ever they called).i used to buy n sell darts they were mustard to post,used to get 20 questions off bird behind counter.

Apparently all parcels are scanned and anything looking suspicious is taken to one side and opened

The co2 was the problem. It's on the prohibited list.

As far as I remember there is only one firearm educated guy in the Belfast hub and if he is not there they no doubt keep them till he is on shift. Maybe some one got destruction happy and sent it to be destroyed.

It was not posted within the regulations due to the c02 . So it's the senders fault. He did not research the rulings.

It must have been the co2. I never thought to ask him or advise him on what service to use. His responsibility, however having said that I will now ALWAYS make sure they use PF 48.
    How about airsoft with gas magazines? would they be liable the same as the mag is pressurised? even if empty?

Quote Originally Posted by schony View Post
    It must have been the co2. I never thought to ask him or advise him on what service to use. His responsibility, however having said that I will now ALWAYS make sure they use PF 48.
    How about airsoft with gas magazines? would they be liable the same as the mag is pressurised? even if empty?
    It's pressurised vessels. If sending anything like that it's going to be difficult. Some say only safe way is by an RFD. they will have a different account to the public but even then they may have difficulty in sending some items. I tried to get an RFD to send a dive tank for me. Only one could do it. The same carrier that the dive bottle company use may not take a dive bottle from an RFD as it's a different account that the dive bottle company use.

From what I have seen on here .you send it as "ground delivery only.no flying" but a pressure vessel ? I'm not sure.

You will only get people "own views" on here but some on here know the score. Angry bear and logunner are the two I trust among a few others to have the right advice on here. One being an ex royal mail worker that helped people "find" lost items for members on here.