Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jsb batches

Jsb batches

I've not bought any in a long time, last batch were 14 and were fine in the guns I had at the time.
    Any good or bad feedback on the current batches please.

They work fantastically well in some guns, but like a shotgun in others.

That's the generic answer for such a generic question.

So you can't answer my question if the newest batch numbers are good or not so good then?
    Im only asking as the last time a bought 5 sleeves they were good quality but a lot of people were complaining about them, i.e. Damage and lots of fliers.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by leeben View Post
    So you can't answer my question if the newest batch numbers are good or not so good then?
    Im only asking as the last time a bought 5 sleeves they were good quality but a lot of people were complaining about them, i.e. Damage and lots of fliers.
    Regards
    He's answered your question and so have you, you pays your money and takes your chance as to whether they will suit your guns or not. You've already said you liked your last batch but others didn't and had damage which is more than likely not JSBs' actual fault more the different shippers/sellers moving them about, there's been no widespread complaints about them.

Quote Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
    He's answered your question and so have you, you pays your money and takes your chance as to whether they will suit your guns or not. You've already said you liked your last batch but others didn't and had damage which is more than likely not JSBs' actual fault more the different shippers/sellers moving them about, there's been no widespread complaints about them.
    I try to get the same die Number each time. its the first 2 numbers on the red sticker on the bottom of the tin

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    I try to get the same die Number each time. its the first 2 numbers on the red sticker on the bottom of the tin
    Yes I agree completely. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bezzer View Post
    yes I should have elaborated more.

yes I should have elaborated more.
    What Cal
    my 177 likes 4.51 die 45

Both my 95 and my Ripley are loving the recent batches.
    No quality issues.
    B.A.S.C. member

Regards
    Well you haven't even given a calibre, neither have you said whether "14" is the year, press, die or qc number there is no such thing as "batch 14"

I've never had JSB .25cal that was anything other than single hole per mag through my Rapid, yet bar a sample from pelpax (with no batch details) all .20cal has been very poor in the MFR.

So if you want a meaningful answer, ask a meaningful question .

I thought the first 2 were the machine press rather than the die ?

I know that's correct for the AA pellets made by JSB

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I thought the first 2 were the machine press rather than the die ?

I know that's correct for the AA pellets made by JSB

The first number on the air arms pellets is the die number. This is probably the best to look out for rather than batch numbers.

The first number on the air arms pellets is the die number. This is probably the best to look out for rather than batch numbers.
    No`s from left to right
    Die No......39
    Employee overseeing production... 00 (this seems to be unrecorded on all the tins I've seen, ie always = 00)
    Quality Inspector........ 70
    Year of manufacture... 12
    BATCH..... 1
    Head Size...... 4.53

Earlier tins may have a 7 digit number, like the yellow sticker above, they've dropped a leading 0, hence it's Die# 07 (Daystate Selects in this case, hence the S1).
    Last edited by 12/200; 16-07-2017 at 05:09 PM.

[QUOTE=angrybear;7300598]Well you haven't even given a calibre, neither have you said whether "14" is the year, press, die or qc number there is no such thing as "batch 14"

I've never had JSB .25cal that was anything other than single hole per mag through my Rapid, yet bar a sample from pelpax (with no batch details) all .20cal has been very poor in the MFR.

So if you want a meaningful answer, ask a meaningful question

Sorry I never realised it was such a technical and touchy subject 😁
    I just wanted to know what the quality of jsb were like these days as the last lot i bought were 2014 vintage in .177 4.52. Around that time there were quite a few complaints about damage & fliers ect and was wondering if there was any issues at present.

Kind regards.

No`s from left to right
    Die No......39
    Employee overseeing production... 00 (this seems to be unrecorded on all the tins I've seen, ie always = 00)
    Quality Inspector........ 70
    Year of manufacture... 12
    BATCH..... 1
    Head Size...... 4.53

Earlier tins may have a 7 digit number, like the yellow sticker above, they've dropped a leading 0, hence it's Die# 07 (Daystate Selects in this case, hence the S1).
    Well, I've seen that original post/thread as well but it gives no machine press number and it's the press & die that matter.

I have an e-mail from AA telling me how to read the label on their tin (JSB made) which says press & die are all that matters, their first 2 are the press & best I can work out, by cross referring the tins, what you call the batch is actually the die number.

I'd also contradict the "always 00" bit because it isn't on any of my tins.

edit, I've just e-mailed them to ask.
    Last edited by angrybear; 16-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.