Thread: FWB 65 MK II Help

FWB 65 MK II Help

I'm looking at an FWB 65 MK II ( short barrel ) in pristine condition. It's from the original owner, purchased in 1991 and used very little. It comes with everything, including the box and original receipt. I have a couple questions and hope someone can help.

Did that model come with a choice of Sport grips or Match grips ?

Can someone tell me the Blue Book value of this gun ?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

The MkII (or Junior) came out fairly late in production, so I'm guessing by then they all had match grips.

2014 Blue Book says $550 in 100% condition, $475 in 95%, $375 in 90%, $325 in 80%, down to $110 in 20%. Does not distinguish in price between standard and MkII - personally, I think the MkII may be worth a small premium as it is rarer. As you probably know, despite their illusion of precision, Blue Book values are best treated as a guide rather than a certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The MkII (or Junior) came out fairly late in production, so I'm guessing by then they all had match grips.
    I used to think this but I don't think it's true any more. I have this earlier short-barrel 65. I think in the US there may be more 65s with short barrels than long ones, so I doubt there's a premium on it there. No idea of US values, but it sounds like a lovely pistol.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I used to think this but I don't think it's true any more. I have this earlier short-barrel 65. I think in the US there may be more 65s with short barrels than long ones, so I doubt there's a premium on it there. No idea of US values, but it sounds like a lovely pistol.
    Thanks! So much for trusting years of "received wisdom".

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Thanks! So much for trusting years of "received wisdom".
    Yes, so often received wisdom is shown to be suspect or untrue in the vintage airgun collecting world, it seems. It's the same with the plastic FWB65 grips - I was pretty convinced this was an economising move by Feinwerkbau late in production, perhaps to differentiate the 'budget' 65 from the more sophisticated models 80 and 90. But then I started to see early models with plastic grips and finally was given a first-hand account by someone (Robin on here) who actually bought a 65 with plastic grips in 1972. So I had to abandon the theory, sharpish.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by fsa46 View Post
    I'm looking at an FWB 65 MK II ( short barrel ) in pristine condition. It's from the original owner, purchased in 1991 and used very little. It comes with everything, including the box and original receipt. I have a couple questions and hope someone can help.

Did that model come with a choice of Sport grips or Match grips ?

Can someone tell me the Blue Book value of this gun ?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
    I think the short barrel sport grip model was pretty popular in the US. I think you would have a lot of interest if you wanted to sell it. Given you have the box etc, I would think $600+

FWB 65 that I just sold in the USA

Here is a link to the one I just sold. The buyer got a very good deal! http://www.gunbroker.com/item/657533944