Thread: Air rifle shooting on DiY SOS

Air rifle shooting on DiY SOS

Watching "DIY SOS, the big build" last night and was surprised to see some airgun shooting.

The disabled lad who the build was for was spending some time with his older brother and Billy the electrician. They were at a shooting club with pcp's shooting knock down targets.

It only last for about four or five minutes but it was good to see them all having a great time and nice to see airguns portrayed in a positive light.

Anyone else see it ?
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Yes. Just for once it was good press. Billy is a crap shot.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Excellent!
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

I haven't seen DIY SOS for years but, it's great news that they showed the sport in a good light. It's just a shame there's not more of it.

I always did like that Billy.

All of the above.

Being a sparky I can't watch that program it hurts my eyes
    I've been to jobs and people have actually said it'll only take an hour they rewired a house in a day on diy sos last night

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Yeah I watched it was pleasantly surprised and pleased to see such a positive portrayal
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I didn't see it.

I've never watched it, but I wish I had. If only for a brief time, it would have been nice to see our little toys getting portrayed in a positive light. And it's always a lovely surprise when something like this happens when you least expect it and a little out of the norm.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I didn't see it.

I've never watched it, but I wish I had. If only for a brief time, it would have been nice to see our little toys getting portrayed in a positive light. And it's always a lovely surprise when something like this happens when you least expect it and a little out of the norm.
    It was on BBC1 Tony, you could watch it on 'catch up' on the iPad if you've downloaded the app.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Yes nice to have some good press for a change, and maybe it will help to bring more people into our sport.

yesterday I watched Neighbours from hell on Channel 5.

the lady living in the countryside felt intimidated by the guy next door hunting, leaving rabbit carcasses hanging around (for her, I guess she had no clue...), then when he was shooting 150yards away she thought she is being targeted terrified ran for her life and locked up in the house stuff like that.
    ...the dispute later it escalated, police called, taken into custody but returned. it turned out to be air guns and a shotgun. he returned back home
    escalated further, he started exposing himself to her etc. in hope that she moves away, she did not.

then further escalated, she got him on camera finallly, police raided house found a WW2 luger on him so ended up jailed.
    and now not allowed back home.
    LOL interesting there is always 2 sides to a story... many times you hear only one