Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
It MAY be nicer at slightly lower power Rhys. But, even the earlier 25mm guns have enough swept volume to make full power (ie safely under the limit) and still retain excellent shooting manners.

Of course, going a little off-tangent, if one was aiming to reduce the power right down to 6ft.lbs (say for indoor paper), shortening the stroke and balancing eveything else up would result in something VERY special indeed.
Mmmmmm., So a shorter stroke & lower power can improve manners and in turn achievable accuracy? I think dropping to 6ftlbs is a bit too much for me, I for some reason had 9-10 in my head. I'm also currently favoring a .20 just as I know I like the merrits of .177 and the perceived improved manners, pellet handling and of coarse thwack of the .22. I think it would just be nice to have a really smooth accurate "everything fun" gun which has the potential for some more "serious" shooting if you know what I mean.
I've always found it hard to cram all the best bits into one rifle but moving away from making it more target plinker (which could take the odd pigeon) rather than hunting plinker that's being used for everything is a bit exciting for me, it's a whole different set of priorities and peramiters that seem to be a bit easier to meet