Thread: .20 "slug" pellets

.20 "slug" pellets

Please can anyone tell me where I can purchase .20 slug type (ie. non-waisted) pellets? I believe Crosman make this type but cannot, so far, find a retailer.

I've never seen or heard of such a thing in the UK, there may be companies that make them but that doesn't mean they get imported over here.
    You'll probably need to speak to the importers to see if anyone brings them in.

I'm also struggling to see the point obviously you'd need FAC power due to the weight and if you have the FAC then .22 or .25 make far more sense than .20

It is at sub 12 that .20 has it's place as being a harder hit than .177 but without the weight of .22 to effect trajectory too badly.

The closest thing to what you want are the Defiants which are sausage shaped.
    Can I ask why given the difficulty of finding a good .20 pellet you want to make your life even more difficult?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by shadysadie View Post
    Please can anyone tell me where I can purchase .20 slug type (ie. non-waisted) pellets? I believe Crosman make this type but cannot, so far, find a retailer.
    It sound like you're after the old school Sheridan slugs which were a none waisted pellets.

I don't know if these went out of production when Crosman took Sheridan over, but Sheridan slugs sometimes come up for sale on the Bay.

As others have said the defiant are a very simular shape.

All the best Mick

I have some of these and they are rubbish. They are very inaccurate and gave sheridans a bad name for accuracy.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I have some of these and they are rubbish. They are very inaccurate and gave sheridans a bad name for accuracy.
    This... ^^^^

I have quite a lot of different .20 projectiles including lead balls and these Sheridan slugs. Can't remember where I got them but they have a sticker on "Jefferys" £3.99. See pic...

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

.20 "slug" pellets

Sincere thanks for all your replies and valuable information. It was just idle curiosity really as I was thinking of the .177 "cat slugs" which I used to use back in the 1950's due to their cheap price. They were also very inaccurate in my Webley Junior pistol and I soon learned to buy the more expensive "waisted" type.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    Thirded

The Sheridan Slugs were dreadful, I sent some back I bought back in the 80s, they have a sealing ring and this was missing in parts on them all, and was told then the dies were wearing out and they were being phased out and couldn't be bothered to have new ones made. Still got the Blue Streak and use H&N FTT nowadays in it.