Thread: Suggestions for "practical" Co2 pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Suggestions for "practical" Co2 pistol

My club has recently set up a "Practical Pistol" set up for CO2 pistols, and I'm thinking about splashing out on one so I can have a play.

I do have an old Umarex Beretta 92, the ones with the round aluminium 8 shot mags and double action only, (unless you manually cock the hammer) but I fancy one of the new blowback ones.

So some questions....

I've seen comments on here from 6-12 months ago, has anything major changed in quality, features etc since then..?

I quite fancy the SIG 226 or SIG 320, but I've seen bad reviews in here about the 226, and from the US about the 320, anyone have first hand experience of them recently??

I assume that pellets are more accurate than BB's..??

I know its dangerous, everyone has their own preference, but what do people recommend..?

TIA

Daryll.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    These 2 I would recommend-

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/air-w...ustom-177.html

or-

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/air-w...ustom-177.html

I use these for practical and IPAS. (or did until I moved 250 miles last friday!) Accurate for a BB pistol, proper working controls so correct IPSC safety and holstering skills can be taught and used. Apart from the power source they function identically to the real steel pistol, both heavy with a very strong kick!

Don't get hung up about accuracy of BB's, IPSC will be shot at very close range, No more than 20' to replicate real life scenarios. So these will be fine- likewise you'll be shooting at paper targets stapled to Cardboard boxes stacked up as necessary, with some in a chair (sitting down hostage/baddie!)

The examples above are for descriptive use only, sure you can source them nearer to home. Our sponsor supplies the CO2 capsules at a very sensible price imo.

Have fun!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

If you want a pellet blowback, I'd recommend (from experience) an ASG CZ75 P09. Mines done well over 2000 pellets and never skipped a beat. Even better with a rail and a red dot fitted

Thanks Gents, both the Tan and the CZ look good, although I think i'd go for the CZ... Just need to find somewhere local that has them..

D

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    If you want a pellet blowback, I'd recommend (from experience) an ASG CZ75 P09. Mines done well over 2000 pellets and never skipped a beat. Even better with a rail and a red dot fitted
    The description is metal and plastic construction. Whats the low down from an experienced owner? Metal heavyweight or plastic fantastic?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The description is metal and plastic construction. Whats the low down from an experienced owner? Metal heavyweight or plastic fantastic?
    Metal slide, but much of the rest is plastic- not unusual in these kinds of "replicas" that are made to resemble modern handguns that are partially plastic to a varying degree. Decent enough weight and not at all flimsy. Uses a 2x8 shot double ended mag. Decent blowback.

It doesn't tick all the boxes for those who want an "exact replica" in that there is no ejection port cut out and doesn't lock back on the last round, then again, personally this doesn't bother me because:
    1. I know its a "replica" and have no illusions about it being a "real steel"
    2. An ejection port cut out is pretty pointless as there is nothing to eject-IMHO it would just be a muck-trap
    3. No-one has come up with a feed mech that will lock back on a blowback pellet pistol

Most clubs wont allow bbs.
    Most pellet blowbacks disappoint.

I would still rate the CP88 for this type of course.