Thread: Suggestions for "practical" Co2 pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Thanks for feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    At our club we do I.P.A.S
    We do not allow bb's of any sort due to ricochets .
    Whilst blowback pistols are great fun, we find that most people use the Smith and Wesson revolver, the Walther CP88 competition or the Colt 1911 .
    Most of all , enjoy it !
    Hi Alakar, where is your club based? I know that the CP88 is excellent. However the 1911 is my favourite pistol design, the classic A1, Series 70 and MEU etc and I just love the way it looks, and I may well end up having to get the .177 Pellet version from Umarex, to give me more choice as to where I can shoot if I want to practice .177 targets. Full Copper Jacket lead BBs by Webley are supposedley low ricochet, but not low enough for 10m target evidently? I've found a dedicated indoor 6mm airsoft range near where I work so it looks like I'm heading in that direction to start off with. At least it's a start as I've got zero experience under my belt as I speak. At the very least, I can learn and practice safe gun handling disciplines and etiquette, and I really do want to practice this until it becomes second nature. My other half is Australian and we have family that we visit out there every year. IPSC with a 9mm (and .45 I think) pistol is still allowed out there as a discipline and there's a local gun shop which stocks 1911s. Handguns are Category H firearms in Oz and there are many hoops you have to go through to get one but at least it's something I could have a chance of doing in the future, if I end up living out there. So IPSC with airsoft might be the best form of practice in this regard. And yes - I do want to enjoy it, above all else, otherwise what's the point!
    Last edited by Barison82; 28-01-2018 at 05:06 PM.
    "You make contact with your customer. Understand their needs. And then flog them something they could well do without.” - Arthur Daley