Thread: Hammer spring logun mk2

Hammer spring logun mk2

Hi guys.

Have recently purchased an fac rated logun mk2.

It's a really well built gun and in lovely condition, however I knew it wasn't shooting at the 30 ftlbs claimed by the rfd, as soon as I fired it.

Checking over a chrono it was a feeble 8ftlb. The hammer spring has for some reason been ground down ( on the edge of a brick wall by the looks of it. ) A large brass washer pushed it up to 22.8ftlbs which is something I would be happy to live with, as running a pest control company means that accuracy is and shot count are equally important.

However, when I then tried to zero the gun in it was very poor grouping with RWS Superdomes. I shall be getting the crowd checked but wont to replace the poorly cut down spring.

Have looked at the usual supply companies and no one supplies the logun hammer spring anymore.

Would anyone know of a suitable replacement spring ( i thinking FX perhaps) that would fit? And is it a standard spring with packing?

Many thanks for any help...
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

Logun pro mk2

Most Logun's are set for accupells, I mad the mistake of using another brand and jammed it up, the pellet slide was shaving the skirt of the pellets. I also got poor groups due to this.

HTH Steve

logun

Hi there,

Loads of FX/LOGUN info here.

http://www.fxoc.info/

Agree about the accys!

Regards,

baffled
    If everything seems to be under control.........you are not going fast enough!

Try calling the Airgun Doctor, I am sure he will be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by kemik View Post
    Most Logun's are set for accupells, I mad the mistake of using another brand and jammed it up, the pellet slide was shaving the skirt of the pellets. I also got poor groups due to this.

HTH Steve
    Thanks for the tip... try and get some tomorrow..
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

Quote Originally Posted by baffled View Post
    Hi there,

Loads of FX/LOGUN info here.

http://www.fxoc.info/

Agree about the accys!

Regards,

baffled
    Thanks for link..

Thanks guys..

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist
    Yep as above - set up in the factory for accupell pellets
    Not sure how long the fac spring is...

As already mentioned give the airgun Doctor a ring. I'd of thought he would be able to sort it and sort it so it shoots different pellets better

It's not that easy to change between pellets on the Logun professional rifles, the mechanism is set on pellet length, try a different pellet length and it either damages the pellet so that you get poor groups or jams the mechanism so you end up stripping the loading mechanism.

Great guns but not one to tinker with 😐

Regards Steve

It's not that easy to change between pellets on the Logun professional rifles, the mechanism is set on pellet length, try a different pellet length and it either damages the pellet so that you get poor groups or jams the mechanism so you end up stripping the loading mechanism.

Great guns but not one to tinker with 😐

Regards Steve
    Thanks for advice. Have got some crossman premiere pellets. Try them tomorrow

Thanks guys.

Just put some Crosman Premiere through her... Wow.

Pellet on pellet.. Very happy..

Just get hammer spring replaced at some point but 23 ftlbs will do for now.

Nice one hope your happy with your gun

Nice one hope your happy with your gun
    I really like it but for one thing. When it fires last pellet and you pull bolt back, it locks open. That's a good thing to stop you blowing air at them but I can't get it into the box I use for my van when moving guns around.

Also takes up room in cabinet. I suppose I could just fire 1 pellet and not cock it...