Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
As you know, Steve, I disagree profoundly with you on this point. It's not the stupidity of the general public that's at fault, it's the failure of Post Office staff to update themselves on the rules.

It's not a lie to say 'sporting goods' or similar, and since you know the actual rules and they don't, you're not doing anything wrong.

Ultimately if an airgun is discovered in a Parcelforce 48 consignment, it is well within the rules and the exact declaration made in the Post Office is immaterial, as long as it's not an out and out lie.

Obviously PCPs with air bottles are another matter...

But all power to the OP for doing what he did.
I know we disagree over method, but surely the point must be to EDUCATE those who have failed to understand their own rules.

And surely the way to educate them is to be open about what is being sent, when it is in compliance with those written rules, & where necessary to be the one who stands there & says politely "Actually you're wrong, read the rule"

The stupidity I refer to is by those who deliberately avoid correcting the error, by disguising a perfectly legal action, & by doing so further promote that error within the system.