Thread: Daystate Magazine Jammed

Daystate Magazine Jammed

Just been up the club with my Huntsman Classic and the mag has jammed. The little indexing lever thingy at the bottom is stuck in the up position and wont come down.

Anyone know what I can do with this..? Apart from buy another one
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Just been up the club with my Huntsman Classic and the mag has jammed. The little indexing lever thingy at the bottom is stuck in the up position and wont come down.

Anyone know what I can do with this..? Apart from buy another one
    Try giving it a service.. it's really easy.. put a really small amount of lube in (I used WD I think & silicon oil on the oring and only on the oring!) And maybe replace the oring & put back together.
    It's pretty easy.
    Hope this helps
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Send it to Daystate and ask them to service it, I did previously and done free of charge

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Try giving it a service.. it's really easy.. put a really small amount of lube in (I used WD I think & silicon oil on the oring and only on the oring!) And maybe replace the oring & put back together.
    It's pretty easy.
    Hope this helps
    Tried a small amount of lube, but I haven't got any O rings.. The thing is jammed almost solid.I moves from side to side slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Imp22 View Post
    Send it to Daystate and ask them to service it, I did previously and done free of charge
    I'll give that a try, thanks

Daystate Magazine Jammed

I think theres a video on youtube of servicing them, take it apart in a clear plastic bag so any small springs don't get lost though!

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    I think theres a video on youtube of servicing them, take it apart in a clear plastic bag so any small springs don't get lost though!
    I watched that and did take it apart in a bag, but I can only see the one big spring in the centre.

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    It is relatively simple to disassemble and clean and reassemble DS mags. There's a thread on the other prominent UK forum, and a video or 2 on YT.

However, When disassembling, make sure you do it inside a clear plastic bag, as there's a tiny spring that will certainly ping out and lose itself on your carpet, between that discarded flip-flop and the old copy of Rustler poking out from under the sofa.

Use the bag when fitting the spring back in on reassembly too. If you lose the sprring - only Drapers seem to stock 'em.

Edit: Looks like you lost your tiny tiny spring. look again in the bottom of your placky bag.

Edit 2 It can also stick to the magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by clunge View Post
    It is relatively simple to disassemble and clean and reassemble DS mags. There's a thread on the other prominent UK forum, and a video or 2 on YT.

However, When disassembling, make sure you do it inside a clear plastic bag, as there's a tiny spring that will certainly ping out and lose itself on your carpet, between that discarded flip-flop and the old copy of Rustler poking out from under the sofa.

Use the bag when fitting the spring back in on reassembly too. If you lose the sprring - only Drapers seem to stock 'em.

Edit: Looks like you lost your tiny tiny spring. look again in the bottom of your placky bag.

Edit 2 It can also stick to the magnet.
    Definitely no spring..Maybe that's the problem ?