Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want a "special" PCP

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Tinbum,

I tried to PM you but I can't see the PM tab on your profile?. I may be selling my sumatra carbine (.20) in the next few weeks. It has a spare set of wood with it to preserve the "best set"
    PM me if you're interested buddy.

Dan
    I like the idea of a "Sunday Best" set of furniture! Shame its not .22, but I have a drill.

Pm sent
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by biker-jeff View Post
    how about a phoenix fast fire 10, my mates been after one for years, but a bit rare is seems
    I wouldn't say rare, they are still made and sold by Pax guns in London http://www.paxguns.co.uk/products.htm

As is the Phoenix which basically has the same action. Admittidly don't come up second hand much.

Have owned a Skan R32 and a MK2 Phoenix and have used the FastFire 10 - the Skan was the more accurate gun, Phoenix was much, much quicker to cycle and shoot, and less likely to jam at faster cycling speeds...(in my experience...) ...and I don't like the FF10s pistol grip cocking action...so never really gave it a good go, but it was not as fast as the Phoenix for me.
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 18-07-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    I have a very nice Spartan to, just to rub it in
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I recall you have the fastest Phoenix in the West Dave.

I sold mine for a greedy profit and it was a mistake.

Mate has a Sumatra which is fun but nowhere near the gun the Phoenix is.

I enjoyed my Career Tanker Carbine but it had to go as it was persistently naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I recall you have the fastest Phoenix in the West Dave.

I sold mine for a greedy profit and it was a mistake.

Mate has a Sumatra which is fun but nowhere near the gun the Phoenix is.

I enjoyed my Career Tanker Carbine but it had to go as it was persistently naughty.

Yes...sold it to fund a 3 phase rotary converter for my shed! (what a twat I was!)...I regret selling that gun...pah!
    blah blah

I rang Pax today for a new price on the Phoenix. It's not cheap, but a good price for what it is, and they offered me a good deal to go with it.

If nothing comes along in the meantime I may just save up for one.

FX verminator is a good fast fun gun and power adjustable for plinking

I've a mk2 Phoenix, a verminator, skan bullpup (the pump action one), Skan R32 and recently found a fast fire. The fast fire is the most fun. Stick a red dot on it and you have a great little tool.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Didn't Gwyn have a fast fire? If so, I enjoyed firing that at the bash. If not, I may have been hallucinating after some Cleary juice!
    You weren't hallucinating Mark, well remembered! Its been in the rack idle for for some months; but I hope to visit Cornwall shortly, so I can offer Nick a play.

I think there's a very pretty lever action PCP rifle, based on an updated Parker Hale design which I'd like to try.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

I rang Pax today for a new price on the Phoenix. It's not cheap, but a good price for what it is, and they offered me a good deal to go with it.

If nothing comes along in the meantime I may just save up for one.
    I bought direct from Pax, and good service i received, i have quite a few nice guns but i generally go for the Phoenix, mines a carbine .177 and is as accurate as any of my other guns though the HW100KT might have a slight edge if i'm honest. It is a beautiful gun i put a really big mod on it it looked awsome i gave the mod to my lad for his Stealth rifle, it was better than the HW mod at about 50mm dia and 150mm long it was a big un. Ill get i pic it does look good.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    You weren't hallucinating Mark, well remembered! Its been in the rack idle for for some months; but I hope to visit Cornwall shortly, so I can offer Nick a play.

I think there's a very pretty lever action PCP rifle, based on an updated Parker Hale design which I'd like to try.

ATB
    Gwyn
    I'm looking forward to it Gwynn, only a couple of weeks to go!

If you mean the new Pax Phoenix, I was on the phone to them today, it does look a very good gun!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Oh dear really tinbum Sir, I say lay aside the rat-a-tat-tat. Purchase an electrically-operated airsoft 'maschinengewehr', an M60 or something and get it out of your system.

What you actually want to do is make a rolling-block PCP in the manner of the Shiloh or the Farquharson rifles. You could conceal the air cylinder in the butt a la the Phoenix and use a nice thick bull barrel up front to balance it out. Only make them in .25 calibre and FAC power levels of course.

Now that would be a PCP special.

I'm looking forward to it Gwynn, only a couple of weeks to go!

If you mean the new Pax Phoenix, I was on the phone to them today, it does look a very good gun!
    Get it soon, get it soon, get it soon.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Get it soon, get it soon, get it soon.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Your all heart Gwyn
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177